Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

HELP ReScale a JPG

Not applicable
Can someone tell me, if there´s a way to rescale a drawing in .jpg to redraw in AC.

In my country we work with meters. My client is from New York, and he doesn´t know much about this project, so what I´m trying to do, is to rescale the images that he send me, but I can;t because I don´t know thae standard mesaures of USA, for example, if I knew the wide of the door of the restroom, maybe I can rescaled. But sincerily, I don´t know if this is the correct way to do this. Please someone helpme

thanks
DW

Second-Floor1.jpg
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable
David;

I'm surprised that your client "does not know much about the project" ??

The original drawing looks like it was 'architecturally prepared' (not some interior designer's artsy-fartsy sketch) so it surely is possible to ask your client to provide two REFERENCE dimensions. Overall dimensions would give you the least error.

Some scanners and most faxes give errors (usually about 2-3% over) in the 'length' direction so it is important to get TWO reference dimensions. See attached image. One foot = 304.8mm.

Once you have a 'scalable' image it is quite easy to resize (in both X and Y directions) in Archicad. Note that you probably will want a fairly high resolution image if you want to reproduce the drawing accurately.

HTH - Stuart
image.jpg
Not applicable
Stuart, I agree with you, my client has the original drawings on paper, and what he did, was scaned the drawings and the scale changed in that process. That´s´why I have the doubt to rescale a drawing like this.

I contact him, and he´s´going to send me the drawings by FEDEX.
I think that´s the correct way.

Regards, David
Eduardo Bell
Contributor
What you guys have been discussing is the way to go. Just to keep you busy until Fed Ex knocks on your door, you can use doors or stairs for ballpark figures. A door will typically be 3 feet wide (0.914 meters), a stair tread will be drawn as 10 inches (25.4 cm) or 11 inches (27.9 cm) as seen in plan.
v4.55 to v27-b4030 MacBookPro 8-Core Intel i9 16GB ram AMD Radeon Pro 5500M 4GB vram OS Monterey v 12.7.1
Not applicable
Eduardo, and what about the thikness of the wall, and floor, for me these measures are new.

Eduardo Bell
Contributor
Daniel, floor and wall thickness will depend on design. You need the actual construction details used to be sure.
v4.55 to v27-b4030 MacBookPro 8-Core Intel i9 16GB ram AMD Radeon Pro 5500M 4GB vram OS Monterey v 12.7.1
Not applicable
I allready figured out, when I recived the drawings on paper, I appreciatte your coments, they were very helpful for me.