Due to a scheduled maintenance, a maximum 20 minutes license delivery outage may be expected on July 6 2024 (Saturday) between 6PM to 8PM (CEST).
Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Define TEXTURE

vfrontiers
Enthusiast
So I'm trying to create a PLANT with a bunch of STEMS / LEAVES...

My first attempt, I modeled the shape of the leaves and distributed 100 or so and I can tell it will begin choking the system..

So, I created a .png with the stem / leaves and pushed the proper transparency.. All good..
But if I use it as just a MATERIAL applied to a PLANE, I'd have to rescale the MAP for each different LEAF...

So I got into DEFINING the material INSIDE The plant object... It all seems to work fine inside the object editor....but once I spread 100 of these to create the plant, the scaling no longer works... It is stuck on the original dimensions of the leaf object...

I think I'm looking for a way to RESET the TEXTURE dimensions each time the leaf gets placed....

Any Ideas?
Duane

Visual Frontiers

AC25 :|: AC26 :|: AC27
:|: Enscape3.4:|:TwinMotion

DellXPS 4.7ghz i7:|: 8gb GPU 1070ti / Alienware M18 Laptop
2 REPLIES 2
vfrontiers
Enthusiast
Here's a graphic...
Duane

Visual Frontiers

AC25 :|: AC26 :|: AC27
:|: Enscape3.4:|:TwinMotion

DellXPS 4.7ghz i7:|: 8gb GPU 1070ti / Alienware M18 Laptop
Lingwisyer
Guru
Could you just include a Random command in your master script that you then use on a Mul command in your 3d script before each leaf insertion?

! +1    : fragments index start from 1
	! -1e-6 : to avoid exactly 13

rng_open_DIM = INT(RND(13)-1e-6) + 1

Ling

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win11 | i9 10850K | 64GB | RX6600 Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660