Choose your top Archicad wishes!

Read more
Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

How to Stop ArchiCad from asking for Autocad FONTS

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,
Even-though I have assigned Arial font to be the default font if AutoCad fonts are not found, still the translator prompts for SHX fonts. Is there a way that ArchiCad would convert all the fonts of a DWG (with out knowing what they are) to a specific default font , that way we do not get the prompt at each instant of translation?
Thanks,
Joseph
11 REPLIES 11
Eduardo Rolon
Basically what you can do is copy them to a regular folder and link to it when AC asks for them, though I usually ignore them and then select all the text and change them to arial.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Djordje
Ace
Mike wrote:
This whole shx font thing needs to be re-thought. How many users out there actually get shx fonts from their consultants? For years I have always hit "skip all" and when I have asked auto-cad users about shx fonts they routinely have no idea of what I am talking about.
Well ...

Then you have to tell them NOT to send you DWGs, but to do eTransmit. All SHXs will be packed in. Oh, yes, you will have to explain them where to find it ...

It is absolutely incredible how computer and software illiterate most computer users are.
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen