Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

IFC Export - Openings & Renovation Status

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello Everyone! I hope 2021 has been treating you well so far!

I was trying to export an AC23 model to IFC today, and have discovered an odd issue.

It seems that regardless of renovation status, the solid element operation performed by archicad Opening tool will be visible when exported to IFC.

Example:

I have 2 openings placed on a slab, one would only be shown on Rev Stat A, and the other Rev Stat B.

Now, in Archicad, the 3D works perfectly; the openings only shows up at their relevant filter.

However, when exported as IFC, all openings are shown regardless of their renovation status.

Could I have missed some export settings?

(For the screenshots attached, I also tried to have the third opening set as "To be demolished" just to rule out that is not an "Shown On Renovation Filter" issue.)
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable
Wanted to also share the IFC Translator settings for reference.
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hello,

Thank you very much for your report and I am very sorry about the experience!

I believe this is a serious bug with the Opening Tool. I have entered it as a defect in our database (please refer to it as DEF-3397). I hope this won't be a difficult fix.

Thank you once again for your finding, this is a rare one! Please let me know if you have any further questions!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT

Anonymous
Not applicable
mnguyen wrote:
Hello,

Thank you very much for your report and I am very sorry about the experience!

I believe this is a serious bug with the Opening Tool. I have entered it as a defect in our database (please refer to it as DEF-3397). I hope this won't be a difficult fix.

Thank you once again for your finding, this is a rare one! Please let me know if you have any further questions!

Best regards,
Minh
Thank you Minh for the quick response! Appreciate it.
Just curious, and I do not mean to sound pushy, but just wanted to know how would I know if when this issue has been fixed? Regardless, I will wait patiently meanwhile
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hello,

Unfortunately, this bug has not been categorized yet, so I can't give an exact timeframe for now. I am very sorry for the inconvenience, and thank you very much for your understanding!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT