cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2024 Technology Preview Program

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

IFC inconsistency

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello guys,

When I want to import an IFC-file that I've made in Revit, I am constantly getting the following message:
"Inconsistency found during IFC file read operation!The operation will be aborted."
I've tried importing the file on different ways, but I am always getting the same message.

Does anyone know what the problem could be?

Thanks!

René Sondermeijer
6 REPLIES 6
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
What you should try is check the IFC file with a free IFC Viewer application to see if the problem is in Revit or not.
If the IFC Viewer also gives the same error messages then most probably the Revit output is not good. Then something needs to be done on that side.
If, not, then we can take it up again. Let us first see the Revit side.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Rene,

I find the archicad IFC importer intolerant of non-compliance to the IFC schema, so you may find that viewers etc will display the file. The import process is abandoned and I can't find if it logs anywhere any advice on what the issue was.

I have found that if you fix any non-compliance with the schema (and there are online verification tools) that the file will open. Unfortunately this probably needs an adjustment to the revit ifc exporter. Can you confirm if you have installed the latest build of the exporter (which is updated frequently now as an open source project). The issue might have been fixed as the exporter is now certified.

If you can post or send a sample model, I can take a look.
Also as Laszlonagy suggested, DDS cad viewer is freely available and good at reporting non-compliance of a file.

Cheers,

Jon
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for your replies. My apologies for not responding this late, I had very little time for this issue the last weeks.

But back to the subject. I have tried the following things after your replies:

- I have installed the IFC exporter 2013 for Revit. I've made an ifc-model of the model an tried to open it in Archicad. No improvement.
- I have installed some ArchiCad updates, also one involving IFC improvements. No result.
- I have downloaded DDS Cad viewer. I can see the model. I only don't know how to check for non-compliance.

Maybe you can check it for me? I have uploaded the file into this comment. Its a very basic one.

Thanks!
Anonymous
Not applicable
Are the trees required for the transfer? The verification tool doesn't like the annotation category assigned for their shape representation.

It also doesn't like the fact some elements have no material assigned which seem to be stair stringers and landings.
Anonymous
Not applicable
No they aren't. But I also have got the problem with other IFC-models which only consist of building material.

I tried opening the exact same file on another pc, but that did work without any problems. So it is sure that the problem has to be found in ArchiCad.
davdelven
Advocate
I attached you the files you uploaded. Apparently, AC22 can import it, no errors.

[img]
Rene1011 wrote:
Thanks for your replies. My apologies for not responding this late, I had very little time for this issue the last weeks.

But back to the subject. I have tried the following things after your replies:

- I have installed the IFC exporter 2013 for Revit. I've made an ifc-model of the model an tried to open it in Archicad. No improvement.
- I have installed some ArchiCad updates, also one involving IFC improvements. No result.
- I have downloaded DDS Cad viewer. I can see the model. I only don't know how to check for non-compliance.

Maybe you can check it for me? I have uploaded the file into this comment. Its a very basic one.

Thanks!
David Delgado Vendrell

http://www.daviddelgado.cat
i7-7820HK CPU 2,90GHz 32GB RAM
Triple Monitor 17"+25"+32" Nvidia Geforce GTX 1080
SSD+HDD, Win10 Home - 64 ENG
AC18-AC26 INT/SPA (64-bit, latest build)
Surfing with Archicad since 2013