Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Interactive Schedule

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello Everyone, mind if i ask some pointers regarding interactive schedules, object properties, and linking descriptors in the schedule. I am working in Interactive Schedules, tried to tinker with the Object properties and also delved into creating the Database. I need to link the Descriptors of the Elements to the Interactive Schedule. My intention is that I can just create objects embedded with these Descriptors, which can then be repeated in other projects, and use the Descriptor as the ‘Item description’ so that I don’t have to type manually on the table. Is this possible when working in Interactive Schedule?
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable
I haven't tried using properties parts (with desriptors and such) in the interactive scheduler. It may be possible but for full access you will need to get into the intricacies of the list editor etc.

If you are doing much of this I strongly recommend getting Eric Wilk's book "From CAD to Quantity Survey". The advanced quantities features of ArchiCAD are quite complicated and he does an excellent job of breaking it down and making it understandable.

It is available in both the original french as well as in english translation. You may have to get it from your ArchiCAD reseller. It's not widely circulated.
Karl Ottenstein
Matthew wrote:
I haven't tried using properties parts (with desriptors and such) in the interactive scheduler. It may be possible but for full access you will need to get into the intricacies of the list editor etc.

If you are doing much of this I strongly recommend getting Eric Wilk's book "From CAD to Quantity Survey". The advanced quantities features of ArchiCAD are quite complicated and he does an excellent job of breaking it down and making it understandable.

It is available in both the original french as well as in english translation. You may have to get it from your ArchiCAD reseller. It's not widely circulated.
Raymond,

No, you cannot do anything related to property objects, descriptors, components, or the calculation database with the interactive schedules. All of those things are part of list schemes / Calculate Menu.

If you require that functionality, I second Metthew's recommendation of Eric Wilk's book as the most complete documentation for those features to date. You can also find many posts here on these forums on particular aspects.

Cheers,
Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.9, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello, Matthew and Karl,

Thanks for the reply. i do have Eric Wilk's book, and i was starting on that before i went to Interactive Schedule. It would have been good if we can add some of the functionalities of List/Calculate command in Interactive Schedules, coz it's so much easier working in Interactive Schedules.

Anyways, this book by Eric Wilk is based on the Archicad 9 platform, and i am working in 12. the interface is quite different, i don't get to follow his book step by step. Every now and then i go back and refer to the Graphisoft User Guide to find out how those commands and steps(which are in Archicad 9) are done in Archicad 12.

I do appreciate your response. Thanks a lot!

Regards,

Raymond
Karl Ottenstein
Mon wrote:
Anyways, this book by Eric Wilk is based on the Archicad 9 platform, and i am working in 12. the interface is quite different, i don't get to follow his book step by step. Every now and then i go back and refer to the Graphisoft User Guide to find out how those commands and steps(which are in Archicad 9) are done in Archicad 12.
Nothing has changed in the Calculate menu / list schemes since version 6.5 so there should not be any problem applying what is in Wilk's book to any version of AC from 6.5 through 15... Maybe some dialogs look a little different, but not sure which parts you are thinking of that are "quite" different?

(All that said, the process is not particularly friendly or easy... Good luck!)

Cheers,
Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.9, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Durval
Enthusiast
I stumbled into this thread looking for the same answer. As Karl said it is not possible to use Descriptors in I.S., I will try an workaround:
If you are listing objects, doors or windows in your I.S., you could add a text parameter to the GDL object, where you store your description.
Then you set your I.S. to show that parameter as a field.
--- www.dtabach.com.br ---
AC 24 BR – MacBook Pro 2,9 GHz Intel Core i7 16GB RAM Mac OS 10.14