Choose your top Archicad wishes!

Read more
Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Interactive Schedules in several pages?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello all,

Does anyone know if it it's possible to create "page breaks" on interactive schedules in a way that they can be divided into several pages?

Thanks in advance.
Joaquim
5 REPLIES 5
I've just created multiple Drawings from the schedule View (and adjust the Drawing frame in the Layout Book for each 'page'); HOWEVER, I've also had the schedules re-format themselves upon update.

You could also create an IS for each 'page' -- i.e. list doors by Story, or by a range (Element ID >= 100 and Element ID < 200)
MacBook Pro Apple M2 Max, 96 GB of RAM
AC27 US (5003) on Mac OS Ventura 13.6.2
Started on AC4.0 in 91/92/93; full-time user since AC8.1 in 2004
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for the suggestion Laura, but I was looking for a method that I could setup and "leave it running" and not needing to re-order it if the project info demands it.

I have a feeling that I could accomplish something similtar by using regular Calculation Lists, and not Interactive Schedules. The problem is that I find the customization of Calculation Lists a bit too complex for my understanding to use them.
Chazz
Enthusiast
IS' can be broken down by page but only when when they are sent to an output device. Otherwise, the schedule does not seem to know it's physical size restraints. So this means that you can get the pagination you want but not the automation you want. You would need to output first to PDF and place that in a layout. Once the placement is made, it will obviously update automatically, but you'd need to print-to-pdf (overwriting the previous files) each time you want to publish your documents.

This is a weakness of the program that I have been frustrated with before. The central problem is that ArchiCAD treats IS data like drawing data when really, IS data needs to be treated like what it actually is: tabular info that should flow and paginate like MS Word, etc.
Nattering nabob of negativism
2023 MBP M2 Max 32GM. MaxOS-Current
Anonymous
Not applicable
Nice workaround Chazz. I like it, in spite of sharing your sorrows about IS. I also think it should be more focused on delivering tabular information without loosing the interactive feature.
Erika Epstein
Booster
If you are just wanting to divide the schedule so it fits in several sections next to one another you could use the "Restructure Table" button (bottom row right). Click on a corner node of the schedule and stretch the schedule graphically to determine its height constraint and then it automatically starts a new one next to it starting where it leaves off. Updating will hold the size constraint of the schedule, but these breaks, depending on how many doors etc may or may not fall where you want them if you add/subtract # of doors.

If you want it sorted by story, then you could set up multiple schedules per Laura's suggestion, and/or use the first line of the schedule for storey and check the option that allows you to sort by the first parameter (story).

Or you could use a combination of both.
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"