cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2024 Technology Preview Program

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Keeping door numbers in order

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi! Does anybody know how to keep door numbering in sequential order so when adding or deleting new doors, the numbering system remains in sequence?
Thanks
5 REPLIES 5
TomWaltz
Participant
Sounds like a great wishlist item.... door numbering can be made sequential when placing them, but it will not detect duplicates or allow you to insert doors into the list later on.
Tom Waltz
__archiben
Booster
TomWaltz wrote:
Sounds like a great wishlist item.... door numbering can be made sequential when placing them, but it will not detect duplicates or allow you to insert doors into the list later on.
but you can retrospectively re-assign door and window IDs in order using the 'ID Manager...'

select the doors/windows/elements that you want to modify the ID number of in the order that you want to number them and apply your ID method with 'ID Manager'. alternatively, 'Select All' doors/window/elements that you want to ID and apply your ID setting with the 'ID Manager' and it'll consecutively number them in the order that they were created ensuring that you have no duplicates . . .

HTH
~/archiben
b e n f r o s t
b f [a t ] p l a n b a r c h i t e c t u r e [d o t] n z
archicad | sketchup! | coffeecup
__archiben
Booster
giuseppe wrote:
Hi! Does anybody know how to keep door numbering in sequential order so when adding or deleting new doors, the numbering system remains in sequence?
Thanks
cadimage's wall framing tool uses an object called 'truck drop-off point' from which all frames are referenced either in a clockwise movement or nearest to farthest. it doesn't allow for the addition of new frames however. is this the kind of thing you have in mind?

~/archiben
b e n f r o s t
b f [a t ] p l a n b a r c h i t e c t u r e [d o t] n z
archicad | sketchup! | coffeecup
Anonymous
Not applicable
I've found the interactive ID manager extremely useful. after most of the detailing is done you can select all the doors/windows/elements and assign newID in a sequence. and with the interactive ID manager you can also use lots of filters including zones, door width etc.
Karl Ottenstein
~/archiben wrote:
select the doors/windows/elements that you want to modify the ID number of in the order that you want to number them and apply your ID method with 'ID Manager'. alternatively, 'Select All' doors/window/elements that you want to ID and apply your ID setting with the 'ID Manager' and it'll consecutively number them in the order that they were created ensuring that you have no duplicates . . .

HTH
~/archiben
And, for those who want all similar doors/windows to have the same ID, the Element ID Manager (EIDM) also lets you specify the grouping criteria (e.g., width, height, type) and will both group and assign ID's in descending order. (I have no idea why we do not have the ability to automatically re-assign ID's in ascending order...which is what I prefer.)

Cheers,
Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.7, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB