cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2024 Technology Preview Program

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

List zones in a specific hotlinked module

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Folks,

I'd like to create a list of zones in a specific instance of a hotlinked module. The situation is about an apartment building with lots of apartments (using many instances of a single hotlinked module) and I have to describe the areas belonging to each unit.
Any ideas?
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable
I don't think there is any way to sort them by the instances of the module. You can easily do a typical list by showing matching items as a single entry (and not showing the quantity field). You could also produce such a list from the source of the module if it is an external file.

Do you need to list each apartment separately? The only thing I can think of would be to place separate zones in the building model for each unit and schedule the rooms within the unit zones, but I don't think this is possible.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Matthew,
Matthew wrote:
Do you need to list each apartment separately? The only thing I can think of would be to place separate zones in the building model for each unit and schedule the rooms within the unit zones, but I don't think this is possible.
Yes, I need to list it separately.
Your idea of placing individual zones works (giving an ID of the unit for each zone), but it would take more time to achieve. I wanted something like an ID for a hotlinked module that would be associated to all of the elements inside it. So with it I could create a zone list with the criteria "Hotlinked Module ID = "My Unit" " But by now its just a wish