Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

MEP modeler pipe sizing?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Does AC 17 MEP modeler have the ability to size plumbing pipes and/or pressure tanks? Or is it just objects to connect plumbing together that must be sized beforehand.
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable
It does not provide any engineering tools for determining sizes if that's what you mean. It's just a tool for creating assemblies of sizes that you (or your engineer) have determined are needed.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Any recommendations on software for sizing residential/small commercial water supply, drain/waste/vent systems?
Anonymous
Not applicable
Possibly Revit, AutoCAD MEP or CADmep. Revit has some engineering tools. I assume the others do as well. I have used all of them but only to model systems that were already engineered. They are all quite pricey.

There are others I have seen but not used such as CADPIPE, and other more specialized ones like HydraCAD and AutoSPRINK for fire protection, etc, but I assume you are looking for something a bit more generic.

Are you an engineer looking for some automation? If you are not and are looking for software to engineer the systems for you that seems a bit risky.

Assuming you are not an engineer, residential and light commercial requirements are pretty easy. You could check the local codes and size them yourself and have the models checked out by your plumber or engineer.