BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Need Translator help please.....

rob2218
Enthusiast
In Archicad 12, I've tried to tweak all the settings possible to get a DWG format which retains the lines colors to match what is shown in the Archicad PLN file but to no avail.

I've tried to switch back and forth between the radio buttons on the archicad screen where the "color adjustments" are made and I can't seem to be able to export out a DWG which retains the line colors which show up on the Archicad file.

Please help.
thanks.
...Bobby Hollywood live from...
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23
Windows7 -OS, MAC Maverick OS
3 REPLIES 3
rob2218
Enthusiast
Here's the screen snap shot I was trying to tweak.
...Bobby Hollywood live from...
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23
Windows7 -OS, MAC Maverick OS
Anonymous
Not applicable
You may not be able to fully control this from the ArchiCAD side since AutoCAD can and will do what it wants with pens. In any case you will probably need to do a custom pen mapping table. There is one already set up as "Keep Pen Index Number" which maps all the pens by their numbers. You may need to set up a template in AutoCAD for detailed control of this.
Thomas Holm
Booster
Matthew is right. Make a pen set for Archicad, using the colors you want in Autocad, for instance the old standard pen #1 is red 0.25, etc. Make sure all the pens you use match your Autocad pen settings.

Stick to that pen set in all views and layouts you want to export. (We've saved eons of time after we adopted this pen set as office standard)

Then only use the Keep Index Number translator. Copy it and make any other tweaks you like, but don't change the default color adjustment button settings. (If you're really into tweaking, you can edit the translation table included, but then you'd have to use a separate one for importing)

If you also import dwgs, please note that how the translator is working at import also depends on which way you open the file. But the KPIN translator is the only one allowing a consistent round-trip.

More info here: http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?p=117842#117842
AC4.1-AC26SWE; MacOS13.5.1; MP5,1+MBP16,1
Learn and get certified!