cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2024 Technology Preview Program

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

No project indexes folder in view map? window schedule ?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Just looking at Eric Bobrow training video and he went to a folder which is supposed to be standard in AC17 called PROJECT INDEXES. It's not there in my view map?

Also, I did get the Window Marker_NCS 17 to show in my floor plan windows and I have used the custom text for each window to enter an ID, in my case I have lettered them sequentially A, B, C....P, but when I open the window full schedule (archicad_library) there is only one window in there and it's not even numbered right, it has a window #1 only.

I guess I could just create my own schedule 2d and text like I have always done and leave the symbols with the ID.

Don't understand why I can't get a schedule that has each window (A thru P)? Same thing with the doors, each door 1 through 23.

All with fields that can be used or not - Basic stuff:

width x height x (thk. for doors)
tempered glass Vs., not tempered
pre hung
Material
Type = elevation of each unit with dimensions
Fields for SHGC, U value, e value, etc.
A field for remarks
maybe door and window detail & sheet numbers

I did my own custom numbers on the door symbols because AC was just numbering all doors that were the same size with the same number.
Would it have given a door a different number if it had a different handel or color specified in the dialog box?
26 REPLIES 26
Eduardo Rolon
Jonathan wrote:
but before I go I can't help mentioning how disconcerting it is that I have no WS window schedule in my navigator view map. Does anyone know how to get that in there?
Well, YOU need to put it in the Navigator VIEW map. (It doesn't reside there automatically.) However, it should already be in the Navigator PROJECT map. If it's not, then you can find a plan file that has a schedule you like and export it. Then import into the current plan file.
Richard
--------------------------
Richard Morrison, Architect-Interior Designer
AC26 (since AC6.0), Win10
Anonymous
Not applicable
Okay, have the DS door schedule and WS window schedule and associated elev xml files installed in schedules in the map. The window schedule seems to be fine, but the door schedule will not populate (screen shot below) does this pertain to the "element ID starts with NoID" in the Scheme settings?
So close on this I think. If we can get this schedule to populate the 23 doors on plan I can fool with it later. This is day 2 trying to get schedules. Need to get back to work. Can't thank you all enough!!
dr sched not wrkg .jpg
Eduardo Rolon
Remove the 'Renovation Status setting". As is it will only show doors that are marked as New if they have other status they will not show.

If you are designing a new home you don't need to use Renovation Status.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Anonymous
Not applicable
Eduardo,

Okay it's gone, but still no 23 doors. It is a new home. Could I have messed something up when I typed "DOOR # ON PLAN" in the first field on the schedule? I also changed the element ID starts with setting from NoID to ID and then back again, maybe I didn't put it back correctly?

ejrolon wrote:
Remove the 'Renovation Status setting". As is it will only show doors that are marked as New if they have other status they will not show.

If you are designing a new home you don't need to use Renovation Status.
Eduardo Rolon
Element ID "IS NOT" NoID or just remove the line.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Anonymous
Not applicable
That did it!! Thanks again Eduardo, it's a beautiful thing!

ejrolon wrote:
Element ID "IS NOT" NoID or just remove the line.