Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Objective won't load in OSX Leopard?

Thomas Holm
Booster
I just upgraded from OSX 10.4.11 to 10.5.2. Everything works fine, printing is much improved, etc except one thing:

Archicad refuses to load Objective. I've got Objective 11 2.0.2. Worked fine previously, but not in Leopard. I changed the file permissions on the Objective folder and its contents to full R/W for All, but it doesn't help. Should I change name of the Objective.bundle to Objective.apx? Or is it some other known issue?

This is Archicad11 Int and Swe with hotfix 1200.
AC4.1-AC26SWE; MacOS13.5.1; MP5,1+MBP16,1
14 REPLIES 14
jespizua
Newcomer
Thomas wrote:
jespizua wrote:
I´m using objective with the same system as you and no problem here.
Then you'd better change your signature
hehehe, sorry. Just received my new mac pro two weeks ago.
osx 10.14 | archicad 22 | cinema4d 18 |
Thomas Holm
Booster
ejrolon wrote:
Anyway since you have a SD clone you can't lose by trying the fix. HTH.
No But I have work to do! I already planned tp work all weekend. And now this on top. But thanks for your help anyway.
Anonymous
Not applicable
OBJECTiVE is working fine for me. Both Mac & Win.
Thomas Holm
Booster
Update:
I've applied Apple's permissions fix. Thanks, Ejrolon!
I've downloaded and installed Objective 2.12. Thanks Ralph!
Now Objective is working fine.

And I've run into no issues with the permissions yet. But I AM worried. Apple's fix introduces a new Group called _thomas (in my case). We have a fileserver running on an old G4 with Tiger which I don't plan to update (it has Sharepoints as server software). It has never heard of this new group. There, I'm either part of the admin or the staff group. What's going to screw up next? (that is of course a rhetoric question

But I'd like to know what procedure you guys recommend for upgrading a fairly crowded (lots of programs and data) Tiger machine to Leopard when there is no plan of changing the hardware? What's the optimal process, least work but no major screw-ups? Or is the optimal solution just DON'T?

And how do you guys manage your permissions?
Thomas Holm
Booster
Additional info here.