Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Shape Label JM9 - how to load this useful object

rob2218
Enthusiast
see attached.
...Bobby Hollywood live from...
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23
Windows7 -OS, MAC Maverick OS
11 REPLIES 11
Drag and drop the object onto your plan window to embed the object in a project.

Put the object into a library folder and add that folder via the library manager.
Think Like a Spec Writer
AC4.55 through 27 / USA AC27-5030 USA
Rhino 8 Mac
MacOS 14.5
rob2218
Enthusiast
tried draggin' and dropping the object in my plan window. doesn't seem to take.
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23
rob2218
Enthusiast
also...what happens when adding in a new folder issue is that when I hand off this PLA/PLN project to another person..I get the 'dots of death'.

what else can i do?
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23
rob2218
Enthusiast
Another question about this "Shape label JM9"....I'm looking for the shape label that has an associated "arrow" that can be adjusted? I can't seem to find the "arrow" within the parameters of this particular shape label.....help please.
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23
sinceV6
Advocate
Hi.

This sometimes will happen with objects such as labels. Drag and drop operation might yield an error (you would expect the thing you drag to show on plan like regular objects) but will actually embed the object in the project's library. Did you check the embedded library? It might actually be there already.

Another thing you can do is to have the library manager open and either load the object from there or drag and drop it onto the library manager. Also... remember that it is a label, so you won't see it in the object tool but in the label tool.

Best regards.
rob2218
Enthusiast
So...here's the last parameter I'd need to adjust for it to be just right.
the "font" style.
Can't seem to find anywhere where the font can be adjusted to be this silly "sketcher" font these folks like to use.
I'm caught in the delima where.....I'm using an object where I'm having to drag around a separate pline with an arrow end instead of using this valuable tool and the guy in charge doesn't want to use this tool cause the "font" isn't the font he uses......hubboy....go figure...but as my friend once said "he who has the gold rules"....so be it.

Now, the font...how to change it so it reads as "sketcher" font type?
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23
sinceV6
Advocate
Hi.
Did you try to write the name in the field or select the "Custom" option?

Best regards.
rob2218
Enthusiast
didn't know you could "write" the name in the field? I'll try that.
sinceV6 wrote:
Hi.
Did you try to write the name in the field or select the "Custom" option?

Best regards.
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23
rob2218
Enthusiast
so...I was able to change the font to "sketcher" but it appears that the labels that contain 3 txt characters in them cause odd behaviours to where the leader starts (meaning it wont start at the box edge).

I was able to reduce the font size from 8 to 5 point and that seemed to have solved the box issue.

Now I just have to keep track of which labels have 8pt fonts and which use 5 pt. fonts but that is easily done looking at the number in the box...though the 5 point label box I understand the fonts had to be smaller to fit inside the box.....
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23