Choose your top Archicad wishes!

Read more
Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Publishing from Archicad to .dwg and its missing a wall

Anonymous
Not applicable
Publishing from Archicad to .dwg and its missing an external wall. I have all the layers switched on and all external walls have the same name.
When i go into the layout book the drawing is exactly what want to be with nothing missing. I then publish and finally open the drawing in Autocad and the wall is missing what can i do i need to email this drawing asap.
Thanks alot!!
8 REPLIES 8
fuzzytnth3
Booster
Have you checked your Floor Cutting Plane height in the View Settings?

Check that the missing wall is at the same height as the other walls.
AC versions 3.41 to 25 (UKI Full 5005).
Using AC25 5005 UKI FULL
Mac OSX 10.15.7 (19G2021) Mac Pro-2013 32gbRam AMD FirePro D500 3072 MB graphics
Anonymous
Not applicable
Can you select this wall even if it is hidden?
Sometimes wall are hidden behind floor slabs.
If it selectable use command "draworder" to bring this wall on top of other items.
Anonymous
Not applicable
DerryP wrote:
Publishing from Archicad to .dwg and its missing an external wall. I have all the layers switched on and all external walls have the same name.
When i go into the layout book the drawing is exactly what want to be with nothing missing. I then publish and finally open the drawing in Autocad and the wall is missing what can i do i need to email this drawing asap.
Thanks alot!!

Just...refresh drawings in Layout and publish after refresh. I have same problem...DWG is 0 kb...??? In Layout everything is OK???
Thomas Holm
Booster
Turn off (Suspend) Groups. Try again.
If it doesn't work, I'd guess the DWG translator stumbles on some weird or faulty object, a door or a window. Try turning their display off (see only wallholes) and try again. If the wall comes through this time, some window or door is cousing the trouble. As an emergency measure, you might duplicate the wall, put the original on a hidden layer, Explode the copy (not keeping original items) and export. The dwg will look fine (I assume it's 2D only).
AC4.1-AC26SWE; MacOS13.5.1; MP5,1+MBP16,1
Anonymous
Not applicable
I suppose you experience the problem with the Wipeout object.
Try this:
1. Open the dwg in AC.
2. Use Find&Select to find all the blank fills.
3. Delete them all.

Do you see the missing wall now? If you do, the problem is in the lousy AC11 dwg export:
http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=19626&highlight=
Anonymous
Not applicable
Did you solve your problem, DerryP?

I have a similar one: after conversion to .DWG all my walls (and windows) are missing on the layout. Oddly enough, all the doors are showing.
If I switch to model space, everything is okay.

Anyone got any ideas?

Keith
Archicad 11 on Mac 0SX 10.4.8
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
Keith:

Check the Model View Options you have associated to the view in the layout.

HTH

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Anonymous
Not applicable
David -

I've checked the Model View Options as you suggest, but can't see anything which would have this effect. (like 'Hide walls & windows in Layout'?)

The thing is - when I go into 'modelspace' in Autocad - everything shows correctly. (Except I notice, if I zoom out, there's a duplicate model, with some very odd fills on it - where did that come from??).

I'm now worried that the drawings which I send out to Consultants for their purposes, are virtually unuseable.

- K

Archicad 11 on Mac OSX 10.4.8