cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2024 Technology Preview Program

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.
SOLVED!

Red screen when opening a 3D view

naomihansen
Booster

I found an older thread about this, but the solution was an OS compatibility issue which was resolved at the time. 4 years later, with a whole new OS and a whole new AC version, I'm having this issue for the first time and at a loss as to how it can be fixed. 

When I try to open a 3D window, I get a red screen, and ArchiCAD crashes. Or rather it stops responding to any attempts to change the model view, or any further drawing tools in 2D windows. I tried updating both AC and my OS, but that didn't fix the problem. I was able to temporary solve it by using a different user account on my mac, but then it happened again and AC is basically useless. After force-quitting and re-opening the same file, I still can't do anything, within seconds, it crashes again. 

Thanks,

Naomi

Naomi Hansen
Terry & Terry Architecture

Running AC27 build 4001 USA on Mac OS14.1.2
10 REPLIES 10

Thanks Romans and David for updating this thread! I will go and install that now. 

Naomi

Naomi Hansen
Terry & Terry Architecture

Running AC27 build 4001 USA on Mac OS14.1.2