Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Same story, different elevations --> real mess in I.S.

Durval
Enthusiast
My project is composed of 3 buildings in the same terrain (same .PLN file). They are distributed in different levels. The main level of the floor plan for the highest building is -0.35 m; the same value for the lowest building is -2.60 m.

I was trying to generate an Interactive Door/Window schedule that shows the rooms (zones) in which they are installed. So in the Scheme Settings I selected the "From Zone" parameter as a field for my schedule.

Strangely, windows in the lowest building were not associated to the corrsponding Zones. These windows appear in the schedule with a blank value for the "From Zone" field.

As a test, in the same PLN file, I applied an Edit>Move>Elevate to some walls and zones of the lowest building, and suddenly the missing zones then showed up.

In another test, I added a filter criteria to the schedule: "Story is = 0". Then elements in the story 0 of the lowest building don't show. But, to my surprise, the elements in the story 1 of the lowest building now show in a schedule supposedly set to show only elements in story 0!

It looks like AC is selecting only an horizontal slice of my building (even when I'm not filtering by story) to take into account for the schedule.

It looks like a bug, doesn't it?

Perhaps it has to do with the fact that, for this multilevel project to show correctly in plans, I had to tinker a lot with Floor Plan Cut Plane (and change the Floor Plan Display of most walls to Symbolic Cut). Altough I can't see any logic relationship between the two settings.

Any suggestion?
--- www.dtabach.com.br ---
AC 24 BR – MacBook Pro 2,9 GHz Intel Core i7 16GB RAM Mac OS 10.14
3 REPLIES 3
Durval
Enthusiast
If I delete all stories except one, then the schedules and zones works as expected! Very intriguing...
Durval
Enthusiast
Further tests:
There seems to be a precise difference of level that makes the problem occur or not.
If the difference of level is equal or smaller than 1790 mm, it works. (i.e., zones are correctly associated to windows)
If difference of level is 1791 mm or bigger AND there is a story below the one where the zones are, then zones are not associated to windows.
Karoly Horvath
Advocate
Durval wrote:
Further tests:
There seems to be a precise difference of level that makes the problem occur or not.
If the difference of level is equal or smaller than 1790 mm, it works. (i.e., zones are correctly associated to windows)
If difference of level is 1791 mm or bigger AND there is a story below the one where the zones are, then zones are not associated to windows.
Hi,

-Did you check the elevation and height of your zones?
-Are the zones auto zones or hand drawn ones>do they all join the surrounding walls properly?

Doing multiple buildings on different levels in one site is a lot of fun...
If the scale of the project allows for a bit more admin time, I would normally have the different buildings in separate files (pln or teamwork) and the site / landscape is a separate file again. Then to get overall site models, you can hot link module the different buildings into the landscape model, and may place the landscape draving as a drawing underlay into all different building's model. (This way you can always have site context in the separate buildings but the site context is a 2D drawing only) To set up levels in your site file would require some play around. Alternatively you may even save each building block as an object and place them that way to the site...
Scheduling though may need to happen building by building...

Cheers,
Karoly
ArchiCAD since 4.5

Windows, Mac