Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

ShareYourDesign

Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
This is a new web-based BIM collaboration solution for ArchiCAD-based offices.
In the beta phase it is free to use:

http://www.tenlinks.com/news/PR/profm_software/080211_vintocon_partnership.htm

Anyone who have tried it please share you experiences.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
16 REPLIES 16
Barry Kelly
Couldn't see anything about the actual cost after the free beta period.
Also it looks like you can only share snap shots of your Archicad model.
And all messaging is text based comments?

If the cost is comparable why not just use a web conferencing service and then you can share the full 3D model live while talking to your clients.
These can even be recorded for late playback.

I was curious when you posted this as I am looking for something that will allow me to share a VBE (BIMx) model live over the internet.
From what I have discovered so far is this will not be possible due to the way VBE takes over the screen.
Unfortunately ShareYourDesign is strictly Archicad only.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
In a nutshell:

1- Click on a element in Archicad (2d or 3d window) and publish it directly through a special menu to a site.

2- Everyone registered on that site receives an email.

3- Everyone can comment on it.

4- If you click on the same element in AC you can go directly to the pertaining discussion.

As there is no online model involved, the access is fast (only images and text), so you can participate in the discussion through a handheld device with low band connection, for instance.

There is lot of room for improvement, but the concept and the foundations are solid. No fancy model that takes ages to upload and needs powerful graphic cards, the string of discussion has a link to model elements, very versatile. You can wait for the El Dorado of a unifying model that is always online and always accessible by every device imaginable, or you can be more productive during the next 15 years and use this kind of simple but efficient tools.

If they implement some additional functions, and the price is right, mho is that it is a product worth looking into.

During this Beta phase you can try it for free, so why don´t you?
JaredBanks
Mentor
Barry,

Have you tried running VBE / BIMx while sharing your screen via join.me?

Jared
Jared Banks, AIA
Shoegnome Architects

Archicad Blog: www.shoegnome.com
Archicad Template: www.shoegnome.com/template/
Archicad Work Environment: www.shoegnome.com/work-environment/
Archicad Tutorial Videos: www.youtube.com/shoegnome
Barry Kelly
Thanks for the suggestion Jared.
But unfortunately still just a black screen when a VBE file is opened.
Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
JaredBanks
Mentor
That's annoying. What about Skype's screen sharing? Probably the same?
Jared Banks, AIA
Shoegnome Architects

Archicad Blog: www.shoegnome.com
Archicad Template: www.shoegnome.com/template/
Archicad Work Environment: www.shoegnome.com/work-environment/
Archicad Tutorial Videos: www.youtube.com/shoegnome
Anonymous
Not applicable
A new tutorial video is ready about showing the main goal of Share Your Design: architect-client collaboration. Watch it, comment it, and try it!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QMmVDOdvJJc
Anyway also the price is available on the Sign Up page.
Rob
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
To be honest I am not impressed.
I think Skype and/or similar will do the job. Creating a screenshot is as easy as Cmd+Shift+4 at least on Mac.... and common guys who wants to communicate with a client via typing interface?...

Anyway this idea is superseded already... look at the similar concept introduced by Google Wave that failed miserably to get any popularity and eventually got discontinued.

yeah, a good effort but we've been there already....
::rk
Anonymous
Not applicable
The main difference is that you get the screenshots indexed to modeled elements. Which means that you can always jump to the modeled element by clicking on the screenshot.

If you have to deal with hundreds of RFIs, this could be a great way of keeping track of them.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Krippahl wrote:
...If you have to deal with hundreds of RFIs, this could be a great way of keeping track of them.
The more automated process most benefits high volume requirements but I think it will be a while before we can work out something better than the current ad hoc approach.

On smaller projects the quick snap and email still seems best. It is also the most flexible, accommodating teams using multiple programs on various platforms.

I'm working on a small science lab building with people using CADDUCT, SprinkCAD, Revit, etc and coordinated in NavisWorks. We are sharing RVT, DWG, NWC/NWD and, of course, PDF files. The coordination meetings use Navis to check that we're getting things sorted and generate the to do lists, but the sticky details we sort out with screen shots and emails between the affected parties. Part of the effect is to dramatically reduce the number of RFIs.

On a large hospital project we had a similar assortment of software involved and thousands of RFIs (not to mention hundreds of COs and almost a hundred ASIs). I found the easiest way to keep track of all of these was as PDFs with labels and comments in the Finder. This was obviously not a project wide solution since I was the only one using Macs, (just my own way of keeping it all straight) but it was not uncommon that others would ask me to sort out one thing or another since I could usually look the stuff up quicker than most.

This is not to say that some simple, single, automated process won't emerge but I suspect that it will have to evolve rather than be invented.

Still looking?

Browse more topics

Back to forum

See latest solutions

Accepted solutions

Start a new discussion!