Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

SketchUp for Archicad 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
There was a really great plugin for ArchiCAD 9. Is there one for ArchiCAD 10 yet? I looked all over the Graphisoft website and I cannot find it. My graduate studio at the University of Maryland is actually using ArchiCAD 10 for studio this semester and the Sketch Up plugin would be great.

The semester starts Wednesday. Any chance I it will be released before then?

Thanks for making ArchiCAD 10 free!
50 REPLIES 50
Anonymous
Not applicable
Eamon wrote:
However, for you to say that it's adequate to simply rebuild an object in Archicad is, I think completely missing the point. By extending that argument, we would be all printing off dimensioned autocad drawings from collaborators so we could redraw them, line by line in Archicad, instead of just importing as x-refs.
Maybe it's a personal workflow issue - my position, now that I've returned to college, is that I'm perfectly used to leapfrogging through multiple programs to get the project data I need.
I was speaking only from the point of view of my clients looking to use SketchUp as a schematic design tool for principals. It is clear from this discussion that there is more to it than that. The argument for educational purposes and even, by extension, for sole practice makes a lot of sense.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Both Revit and Microstation allow for native SKP file import. Obviously, there is something to the ease of use of SketchUp and users of SketchUp are demanding tighter integration with their normal CAD software. For Graphisoft to provide it in a previous version then not update it to work in the current version is a big step backwards.

It might be a different story if a new function in ArchiCAD made using SketchUp (for whatever reason) unnecessary, but that is not the case.
Greg Kmethy
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
We are happy to announce that the SketchUp® import add-on for Archicad 10 - International/German/Japanese for Windows® - has been launched. The SketchUp import add-on for Archicad allows users to easily re-use as much of the SketchUp model data in Archicad as possible, without the need to manually rework it.

To find out more, or to download the add-on free of charge, go to:

http://www.graphisoft.com/products/archicad/solutions/sketchup.html

Mac OS X (Power PC) version and other language versions are coming soon.
Gergely Kmethy
VP, Customer Success, Graphisoft
Greg Kmethy
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?p=72211#72211
Gergely Kmethy
Anonymous
Not applicable
Windows only for now.

PowerPC Mac version coming soon. Intel Mac version unknown (probably because there isn't an Intel version of SketchUp yet).

Plugin available for ArchiCAD 9 and 10.

This helps, but I haven't tried it out fully, yet.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you very much Gergely!!! Everything is forgiven!!!

Actually, I saw that this topic was starting to gather a bit of attention, and was wondering if Graphisoft took any notice of what went on at the forums, now I see that you do.
I really think that your product has ALOT of untapped potential,..maybe in certain parts of the world, or in certain markets, construction methods are standardised and slow to change, but the first generation of architects who started college with computers and B.I.M. are emerging into the workplace and onto the labour market, and these are the sorts of users who will be pushing Archicad to its limits.
Maybe a little more transparency/info regarding release dates or route that the development of the software is taking would go a long way to encouraging new Archicad users to stick with you for the long term...
__archiben
Booster
gkmethy wrote:
Mac OS X (Power PC) version and other language versions are coming soon.
and the intel mac version greg? i'd hate for you to forget about these kind of minor details . . .

~/archiben
b e n f r o s t
b f [a t ] p l a n b a r c h i t e c t u r e [d o t] n z
archicad | sketchup! | coffeecup
__archiben
Booster
eeblack wrote:
Intel Mac version unknown (probably because there isn't an Intel version of SketchUp yet).
that's irrelevant! the plug-in works with archicad not sketchup. and since there is a mactel archicad it will require a mactel sketchup plug-in to be able to read the sketchup file data - whether that file was created with PC, PPC or PPC-through-rosetta versions of sketchup!

seriously though, how much work is it to port a PPC plug-in weighing in at about a whopping 1 (that's one!) megabyte?! there should be no releasing of PPC this and mactel that: just release the universal "mac" version. thank you!

~/archiben
b e n f r o s t
b f [a t ] p l a n b a r c h i t e c t u r e [d o t] n z
archicad | sketchup! | coffeecup
Anonymous
Not applicable
ThX GS, ur da man

Greg Kmethy
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
~/archiben wrote:
and the intel mac version greg? i'd hate for you to forget about these kind of minor details . . .

~/archiben
There's no Intel Mac SketchUp, and there is no Intel Mac SketchUp framework that we could use to build an add-on. We'll have to wait till it's released.
Gergely Kmethy