Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Window Schedule

Anonymous
Not applicable
Can I eliminate windows from the window schedule in Archicad and not eliminate them from the drawing/model. I have existing windows that I want shown on the floor plans to be removed and I do not want them listed in the Schedule.
7 REPLIES 7
Rod Jurich
Contributor
Eric_CSA wrote:
Can I eliminate windows from the window schedule in Archicad and not eliminate them from the drawing/model./...... I do not want them listed in the Schedule.
Yes you can.
Go to Set Up List Schemes and make your selections there.
See attached.
Set up list schemes.png
Rod Jurich
AC4.55 - AC14 INT (4204) |  | OBJECTiVE |
Karl Ottenstein
Eric_CSA wrote:
Can I eliminate windows from the window schedule in Archicad and not eliminate them from the drawing/model. I have existing windows that I want shown on the floor plans to be removed and I do not want them listed in the Schedule.
I would not recommend the list schemes for window schedules, but perhaps Rod can tell us why he prefers that to the interactive schedules.

With the interactive (elements) schedules, you simply add a criterion to filter out the windows that you do not want. You'll find this discussed many times in older threads. The most common method is to set the ID for the windows to be excluded to blank, or to give them some kind of unique prefix/suffix. For example, if you add a criterion for ID <> "" then no windows with a blank ID field will be included. Just change the ID to blank in the Info Box ... or in the interactive schedule itself.

Depending on your numbering system, you can use the Element ID Manager first to assign meaningful ID values to your windows first.

Of course, you can filter based on library part name and all kinds of other things as well if an ID-field solution doesn't do the trick.

Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 28 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.7, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Rod Jurich
Contributor
Karl wrote:
/..I would not recommend the list schemes for window schedules, but perhaps Rod can tell us why he prefers that to the interactive schedules.
Agree with you Karl.
Short answer is that I do not use the default parts at all.

And the question may have been more detailed.

And better still it brings an expert to the discussion for us all to better understand AC. Thanks Karl.
Rod Jurich
AC4.55 - AC14 INT (4204) |  | OBJECTiVE |
Karl Ottenstein
No, thank you for posting the excellent screenshot, Rod.

Cheers,
Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 28 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.7, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
Rod wrote:
Eric_CSA wrote:
Can I eliminate windows from the window schedule in Archicad and not eliminate them from the drawing/model./...... I do not want them listed in the Schedule.
Yes you can.
Go to Set Up List Schemes and make your selections there.
See attached.
excuse my ignorance, but where can I find "Set Up List Schemes. What drop down menu (if any) would I find it under?
Rick Thompson
Expert
It is off by default. Go into the Working Environment to turn on those menu items, and tool bar functions.
Rick Thompson
Mac Sonoma AC 26
http://www.thompsonplans.com
Mac M2 studio w/ display
Anonymous
Not applicable
Rick wrote:
It is off by default. Go into the Working Environment to turn on those menu items, and tool bar functions.
Found it, thank you very much.