Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.
SOLVED!

Windows not scheduling

Chris Pooley
Enthusiast

Hi all,

I am creating this new topic, the others with similar names to this are different, but if I am doubling up let me know.

I have a window not appearing on my window schedule.

The window is above another window, I have placed it on a separate wall that is based on the "ceiling level", this is so I can see the window in plan view on my ceiling plan, if I just have one high wall, because of the cut plane I can not see it to work on it (except in 3D or elevation). 

I have tried creating a new room zone on the ceiling level to associate it too, but that did not work.  I also tried to pull the wall down to see if that would make the schedule pick it up, but that also did not make the schedule pick it up.

I am confidant this is because it is on a separate wall, and / or above another window, and / or it is above the floor the room zone is on, but I can not work out how to fix it.  

Any Ideas?

Thank you,

Chris

Operating system used: Windows 11

Room zone.pngSchedule settings.pngWindow not scheduling 1.pngWindow not scheduling 2.png2 walls.png
ArchiCAD 19 to 27
Windows 11
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution

I didn't think it would be - they are just not needed.

Something Archicad automatically adds to schedules from older versions.

Now the question is why the window is not scheduling?

You don't need a zone to schedule a window and you are not using that in the criteria anyway.

Is the upper wall/window the same renovation status as the lower one?

If you drag a copy of the upper window down (in 3D window or elevation) into the lower wall and move it over to the side, does it now schedule?

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Barry Kelly

Get rid of the criteria for element type is not beam/column segments.

They are not needed.

The obvious question - is the upper wall in the same layer as the lower wall?

Barry.

Versions 6.5 to 27

Hi Barry,

Thanks for the quick response.  Yes they are on my exterior wall layer.

I have removed the column and beam criteria.  Unfortunately that was not the issue.

ArchiCAD 19 to 27
Windows 11
Solution

I didn't think it would be - they are just not needed.

Something Archicad automatically adds to schedules from older versions.

Now the question is why the window is not scheduling?

You don't need a zone to schedule a window and you are not using that in the criteria anyway.

Is the upper wall/window the same renovation status as the lower one?

If you drag a copy of the upper window down (in 3D window or elevation) into the lower wall and move it over to the side, does it now schedule?

Barry.

Versions 6.5 to 27
mthd
Ace

Is the ceiling space separate to your ground floor space ? Might work if in your story settings you can create a raked ceiling space and link that high glass window section to that new level ?

AC8.1 - AC27 ARM AUS + CI Tools
Apple Mac Studio M1 Max Chip 10C CPU
24C GPU 7.8TF 32GB RAM OS Ventura

Storeys shouldn't matter - the same as zones, because Chris is on;u searching for windows in the Walls Exterior layer.

If both of those criteria match, then the windows should schedule.

The only reason I mention renovation filters (I know it is not is his criteria) is in case he is using a 'View' to open the schedule.

And the 'view' settings are for only a particular renovation filter.

It may look fine in 3D with the reno filter set to show all, but if the schedule view is set to hide new and the widow is new, it may not schedule.

Barry.

Versions 6.5 to 27

The upper wall was on existing, and the schedule was on the new reno status. I would not have thought that would matter, as both new and existing are visible in the new status.

I changed this and nothing changed. 

But is it fixed now, I did the following:- I deleted the offending wall and window, re-drew a wall on the new reno status. I also created a room zone for the ceiling level and placed that on the new reno status.  One of these things worked, as the window is now scheduling.  I am thinking it must be that the wall was on existing reno??

Anyway, all resolved now, thank you for working through this with me.

Chris

ArchiCAD 19 to 27
Windows 11

The program now sees the new window and places it in the schedule and that’s what really matters. You found a way to do that and that’s cool. I learned that zones helped solved that particular problem for you.

I haven’t used Archicad for remodeling, renovations or extensions yet but it is good that it has a dedicated workflow for that purpose.

AC8.1 - AC27 ARM AUS + CI Tools
Apple Mac Studio M1 Max Chip 10C CPU
24C GPU 7.8TF 32GB RAM OS Ventura

Setup info provided by author