Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

XREF dissappeared from menu

Anonymous
Not applicable
I can't get a .dwg file into ArchiCAD. I've been using the
xref function, but it no longer appears in the menu. Additionally, I
cannot even open a .dwg. .dwg is not an option in the dialogue box
drop down menu for file types.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!
5 REPLIES 5
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
Sounds like your DWG/DXF Input/Output Add-on may not be loaded. Check it in the Add-On Manager from the Options menu. You should be able to load it from ArchiCAD's Input/Ouput Add-On folder.

Otherwise it may simply be a Work Environment setting, in which case you should try a new profile, or at the very least a new command layout scheme.

Cheers,
Link.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Link wrote:
Sounds like your DWG/DXF Input/Output Add-on may not be loaded. Check it in the Add-On Manager from the Options menu. You should be able to load it from ArchiCAD's Input/Ouput Add-On folder.

Otherwise it may simply be a Work Environment setting, in which case you should try a new profile, or at the very least a new command layout scheme.

Cheers,
Link.
You're right. The DWF In-Out and the DXF-DWG In-Out options in my add-on manager both have a red triangle with an exclamation point in it. The message states "The file is an outdated Add-On that cannot be used with this ArchiCAD version."

Anyway to resolve this without installation disks? I'm on the road, with no access to them.

Thanks.
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
No idea what version you're using or which platform. Have you tried reloading them from the correct folder?

Cheers,
Link.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Link wrote:
No idea what version you're using or which platform. Have you tried reloading them from the correct folder?

Cheers,
Link.
Sorry about that. I'm on version 10, running on Windows XP. I was still pointed at the correct folder, but I tried to reload them anyway. It didn't resolve the issue.
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
Do you have the latest version of AC10 (1183). If not, try updating it via the Help menu. You should have the Add-On Manager look like the attached image. Make sure the Add-On is ticked and is pointed at the AC designated Add-On folder. (It's not absolutely necessary to keep it like this, but may help in resolving your issue).

Cheers,
Link.
Add-On-Manager.jpg