Choose your top Archicad wishes!

Read more
Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

cadimage Bracing

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

I am trying to use the cadimage brace tool for a relatively simple design, after selecting walls i need braced and entering the bracing settings via calculate bracing, I note all the building dimensions and cladding weights details are greyed out. If i enter ok to see what it does i get the message

" No exterior walls selected, i.e having a composite starting with 'Ext'

All walls selected are in fact the default composite structure EXT: Stud 90

Not to sure whats going on here but any help would be really appreciated

Thanks
19 REPLIES 19
KeesW
Advocate
Please check with CadImage - I thought that they had discontinued their Bracing tool.

Items out of alignment can happen even when one uses the shift key correctly. I think that it is a bug in Archicad that’s been there a long time and somehow causes the verticality or horizontality to go out of alignment by a very small amount.
Cornelis (Kees) Wegman

cornelis wegman architects
AC 5 - 26 Dell XPS 8940 Win 10 16GB 1TB SSD 2TB HD RTX 3070 GPU
Laptop: AC 24 - 26 Win 10 16GB 1TB SSD RTX 3070 GPU
Anonymous
Not applicable
No need to check Kees, it is definitely still current, see Ralph's replies to the question.
Ralph Wessel
Mentor
KeesW wrote:
Please check with CadImage - I thought that they had discontinued their Bracing tool.
Not at all – in fact, we've just rewritten a significant amount of the engine to improve the product. But it targets the NZ building code, so it's not available outside of New Zealand.
Ralph Wessel BArch
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Ralph, may I ask when we can expect this?
Ralph Wessel
Mentor
Rogerdodge wrote:
Hi Ralph, may I ask when we can expect this?
You can ask, but I'm not supposed to say 😉
Ralph Wessel BArch
Anonymous
Not applicable
Ah well, it'll be a nice surprise when it happens, along with any great new features in AC22.

Hi

I am trying to use the cadimage brace tool for a relatively simple design, after selecting walls i need braced and entering the bracing settings via calculate bracing, I note all the building dimensions and cladding weights details are greyed out. If i enter ok to see what it does i get the message

Hi Ralph Wessel

I am getting the same problem

Could you please assist me 

Assuming you are using the tool in NZ, I would caution any reliance on it. While the tool can place braces and do the calculations it is not a compliance pathway and there are multiple additional factors that need to be taken into account to create a compliant bracing configuration. Personally I stopped using the tool a long time ago when I understood its shortcomings.

Planworks Ltd
Residential Designer based in Tauranga, NZ
Archicad v9+
VR enthusiast.
Always wants more!

Thanks for the reply

But I am not getting the calculation table .I think better I could have stopped  to use it