cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2024 Technology Preview Program

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

creating 3D Adobe PDF documents

Anonymous
Not applicable
Does anyone have any experience with using Adobe Acrobat 3D software for creating 3D .pdf files from ArchiCAD.
I find this exciting, and it works with ArchiCAD by simply pressing the PrintScreen key while in 3d window... althoght not perfectly.

The geometry is somewhat distorted (the whole building inclined) and so are the textures and the lights are so dark.
See what I got with it, the file is attached.
If anyone got results better than this please let me know.
20 REPLIES 20
Potato Farmer
Mentor
This works fine on Mac. Just save as U3D file from the 3D window then use the 3D tool in acrobat to insert into a PDF file. The only the thing I cannot figure out is why the U3D opens with a dark gray background. And Djordje what do mean when you say show the U3D to the publisher?
Regards,
Geoff Briggs
I & I Design, Seattle, USA
AC7-27, M1 Mac, OS 14.x
Anonymous
Not applicable
Yep. Upgraded to 7.0.8 and it's working just fine. Must have been the problem.

Love that Transparent mode, and Vertices is a bit of a laugh!
Akos,

Do you know if there is a limit on how large the ArchiCAD file saved as a U3d can be?

I am using the Acrobat 7 Pro and it seems like my model is to big. The program eventually just crashes after a very long time trying to create the U3d.

Any tips?

ArchiCAD 25 7000 USA - Windows 10 Pro 64x - Dell 7720 64 GB 2400MHz ECC - Xeon E3 1535M v6 4.20GHz - (2) 1TB M.2 PCIe Class 50 SSD's - 17.3" UHD IPS (3840x2160) - Nvidia Quadro P5000 16GB GDDR5 - Maxwell Studio/Render 5.2.1.49- Multilight 2 - Adobe Acrobat Pro - ArchiCAD 6 -25

Anonymous
Not applicable
My own experiments would suggest you should not bother creating large models for 3D PDF - the navigation engine is just terrible and things crash and burn!

I am not sure I can offer a good alternative, sorry to be so negative!

John
Anonymous
Not applicable
I am trying to create a 3D PDF. I am using Windows and ArchiCAD 10
I have the U3D file created but in the help it says
"Set the Publisher Set Properties to PDF format. (This is the default publishing format.) "

I do not have this format. Default is DWF. And I don't have the option to change it to PDF. It isn't even in the list.

Any help would be appreciated.
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
U3D is really only meant for small models.

To get access to the PDF option, read the post here which is a repeat of many similar replies to the same question.

Good luck.

Cheers,
Link.
Anonymous
Not applicable
U3D is only an option in version 10,
or is there a way to make it in ArchiCAD 9 as well
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
No, AC10 only I'm afraid.

Cheers,
Link.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Old post, still current.
Any idea if/when U3D would be supported by Mac Users?
I found this bizarre ...and disappointing!! >.<
Is asking me for an XML file which is there.. but doesn't grab it??!?!!?
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Deviz wrote:
Old post, still current.
Any idea if/when U3D would be supported by Mac Users?
I found this bizarre ...and disappointing!! >.<
Is asking me for an XML file which is there.. but doesn't grab it??!?!!?
Hello,

Thank you very much for the report and I am very sorry about the issue!

I have asked for our developers' opinion, and here is what they said: U3D is supported on MacOS. He tried it with a basic plan and it works.

This function has certain limitations (regarding file size), but he couldn't figure out what has cause the problem here. Maybe the file is unavailable or access is denied? At this point we only check whether the file is present in the file system.

Only the part of the long file name is visible on the screenshot. Are the file names exactly the same excluding the extension? Maybe the files were renamed but not exactly the same?

Let me know if these suggestions somewhat helps with the issue!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT