Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

door schedule again and again

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello,
now i have some questions about door schedule (and the same for the windows)

1.in romanian standards for d/w schedule we need to put two dimension types, one for the hole and one for the carpentry. the dimension of the carpentry is usual smaller with 5 mm. How do i put this on schedule?

2.i need to put some description in the schedule for every id, but i need the text to be multilane not a single line. I've try custom text 1 but is single lined
and i don't get the idea. if the height of the cell will permit to put multilane text why not? Maybe you have another solution to put some text in the schedule or in door tags.

That's all important problem's i have right now.

Thank you

ps.sorry about the romanian headers in the schedules

TT.jpg
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable
1. Your doors need to have parameters for these values to read them in the IS. If they are not already there the scripts would need to be edited. There are some standard parameters (and maybe some globals) for similar purposes but these will only work if they match your requirements. I am not familiar with the Romanian parts (not surprising) so I don't know it they have this function.

2. I don't know the IS well enough to know if it does multi-line text. If so all you need is a description parameter in the library part. This is easy to do (if it is not there already) since it has no effect on the execution of the scripts and only serves to inform the IS.
Anonymous
Not applicable
thx for reply
but
first i don't know what you mean with IS.

yes your right about the script, i was thinking olso to add some script/parameter that substract from WxH size 5mm but i don't know where i should start.

yes is a description parameter but in schedule it's only one row, and it's stupid to print let's say 30 cm of one line text instead of 6 cm of 5 rows.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Catalin wrote:
thx for reply
but
first i don't know what you mean with IS.
Interactive Schedule
Aussie John
Newcomer
if you need to make a parameter try this

Open the door object, - add a text type parameter and call the variable something say "carp". Give the name part something more descriptive for your schedule. Go to the parameter window and add

parameters Carp=str("%.0mm",A-.005)+"x"+str("%.0mm",B-.005)+"mm"

change "mm" to "cm" or "m" if you prefer different units but also change the number before as it control the decimal eg %.1cm or %.2m

In the interactive schedule you will need to add this parameter

You need the "str" part as it converts the number format of the A&B parameters into a text parameter (or string)
Cheers John
John Hyland : ARINA : www.arina.biz
User ver 4 to 12 - Jumped to v22 - so many options and settings!!!
OSX 10.15.6 [Catalina] : Archicad 22 : 15" MacBook Pro 2019
[/size]
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you for your reply
meanwhile i've found something very very interesting
it's almost exactly what i've been lookin for
in the door general settings when the nominal opening is on, are 4 parameters (unit W/H and wallhole W/H) BUT in the schedule i can't find the wallhole parameter, i've found only the unit w/h.

see the image attached.

If I've found those parameters in the schedule will be perfect....almost
the problem with multi line text is still unsolved.

maybe one of you found those parameters in additional parameters or somewhere else.

Thank you again for your support.
Karl Ottenstein
Matthew wrote:
I don't know the IS well enough to know if it does multi-line text.
Unfortunately, there is no text-wrapping in the IS - a wish from the moment it was introduced. I have not tried the tricks of "\n" etc to force a new line with the IS in AC 10 to see if even that is working yet.

Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.9, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
Karl wrote:
I have not tried the tricks of "\n" etc to force a new line with the IS in AC 10 to see if even that is working yet.
Unfortunately, it doesn't.

Cheers,
Link.