Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

export elevations & sections WITHOUT shadows to autocad? (from views WITH shadows)

proto
Advocate

I'm hoping this exists -- but i fear I already know the answer...Is there a Export Translator Setting to isolate shadows on a layer when exporting elevation/section views to autocad? They seem to be grouped together with material & cover patterns & fills...which is annoying to the receiver trying to understand the elevation.

Options I see:

1) prior to export, manually turn all shadows off by selecting all markers & clicking shadows off [very tedious & prone to mistakes]

2) set up identical elevation/section views without shadows on & exporting those to autocad [kind of tedious & annoying to see in the views list, but at least not as much as manually turning off]

3) there is an option in the Export Translator Settings that can target these shadows & isolate them to a layer [really hoping for this one...!?!]

4) _____ [other???]

Thanks for any assistance!

Operating system used: Mac Intel-based

mac ACv27/4001, US full, Sonoma 14.1.2, 2020 iMac/2023 MacBook Pro
0 REPLIES 0

Setup info provided by author