cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2024 Technology Preview Program

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

problem in IFC objects changing location

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi everyone

Since ArchiCAD doesn't have a "find and replace" command and I needed to replace 2d objects from autocad with 3d objects in archicad, i gave those 2d objects height and then made an IFC file from it, when i open it in ArchiCAD everything is fine, but when i change object type to anything from the library, every time the new object goes to (0,0,0) coordinate and not the same location it was before, what should i do?

Thanks in advance
4 REPLIES 4
David Maudlin
Rockstar
m4hdi wrote:
Since ArchiCAD doesn't have a "find and replace" command and I needed to replace 2d objects from autocad with 3d objects in archicad
It does have a Find & Select palette, so you can select the 2D Objects by name, then open the Object Settings dialog box and change them to a 3D Object.

You should add a Signature to your Profile (click the Profile button near the top of this page) with your ArchiCAD version and operating system (see mine for an example) for more accurate help in this forum.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Anonymous
Not applicable
David wrote:
It does have a Find & Select palette, so you can select the 2D Objects by name, then open the Object Settings dialog box and change them to a 3D Object.
Thanks

but when it is a line then the object settings can not be changed to 3d objects, and my main problem is the location of the new object, why when i change their type they go to (0,0,0)
Anonymous
Not applicable
I solved it by meself

After extrude, I had to convert my object to device in AutoCAD, and then make an IFC from it, when I did this and opened it in ArchiCAD, I could change it's type to any 3d object from the library and it's location wouldn't change ...

This was my solution for MEP purposes and how to replace 2d line from plan to 3d objects from the library
David Maudlin
Rockstar
Mahdi:

Glad you were able to find a solution, thanks for posting back the answer.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14