Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

terrain out of pdf

Anonymous
Not applicable
Can someone please help me?
I have this terrain pdf showing the hightlines of the ground. is there a way to import just the lines then use them later? what i mean i want to extrude the hight lines from the pdf, be able to use them instead of drawing the myself. is this possible?

Petter

big.jpg
4 REPLIES 4
Eduardo Rolon
If you are using AC18 and the PDF was saved with layers in vector format (and all the lines are in the correct layers) you should be able to explode the PDF, lock and hide the layers for the terrain and delete all the others. Obviously do this on a worksheet.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Anonymous
Not applicable
How do i check if its in vectors? Pretty new to this.

Petter
Eduardo Rolon
Explode it and if it shows lines it is vector if not then it is not.

read

http://helpcenter.graphisoft.com/?s=explode+PDF&versions=version-18
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Petter,

Place the PDF on an new Independent Worksheet, highlight the pdf, right-click and select "Explode into Current View". you have the option of deleting or keeping the pdf. if there are vectors, this command will create a grouped collection of vectors. ungroup or suspend groups and away you go.

you might add a signature to your profile. have a look at other user posts for formatting ideas.
Think Like a Spec Writer
AC4.55 through 27 / USA AC27-5060 USA
Rhino 8 Mac
MacOS 14.6