BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Capturing Model View Options

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,
I just want to know how to link my objects to the model view options.

I used this in my master script to determine whether objects are 'Realistic', 'Electric' or 'Reflected Ceiling Plan'
MVreq = LIBRARYGLOBAL ("LibraryGlobals13", "iLSymbol", modelview)

This worked brilliantly, so I want to explore what else I can do with my objects.
I would like to know the following options, or at least where to find them. I could not find it in the Reference Guide

- Show Minimal Space of Furnishings and Doors
- Show Mark-Up Items
- Show Opening Lines in 3D Projections
- Door Opening Line in 2D Symbolic Display
7 REPLIES 7
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
Tom:

These depend on how the GDL was written (they are based on parameter names), rather than Global Variables, so are not in the GDL Reference Guide. One way to find the parameter names is to open the Libraries LibraryGlobal file, and check the parameter names. In the USA version, it is at ArchiCAD Library 17 > Object Library 17 > MACROS 17 > Base Macros 17 > Library Globals 17 > LibraryGlobals13.gsm, your version may be a different location with a different name. You can also create your own LibraryGlobal file with your own parameter names and Model View Options interface. In the GDL Reference Guide see LibraryGlobal.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks David,
Create own model view options - mind blown! That would be great once I get my head around that.
I may be wrong, but it seems this file you are talking about is combined in a lcf file in the Australian version. Is there a way of extracting files out of a lcf.

I also noticed when I added a object to my project library it added a new model view options tab, so can the model view options be also modified in multiple object files?
Anonymous
Not applicable
Tom

Extracting that lcf is done through File>Libraries and Objects > Extract a Container.
Follow the prompts and then remember to unload the Aus lib .lcf and load in the extracted file.
Custom MVO's are brilliant mate! Definite have a play with them when you can!
Anonymous
Not applicable
OK, thanks will do that.
I would prefer if there was a way I could avoiding touching the default Archicad library folder, as then I would have to update everyone in the office.

Do you know if I can create an additional object that also manipulates the model view options?
Barry Kelly
Tom wrote:
Do you know if I can create an additional object that also manipulates the model view options?
Sure, just create a new 'Library Global' script and save it with a different name i.e. 'My_Library_Globals'
Make sure it has the 'Library Global Settings' subtype or it won't work though.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
Great, thanks everyone. Looking forward to having a play with this
Anonymous
Not applicable
I couldn't believe how easy this is to code. Why haven't I been doing this for years
Learn and get certified!