BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Clean up lines issue

Anonymous
Not applicable
Any idea why this may be happening?

Thanks!
5 REPLIES 5
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Check if there are any other Walls in that intersection. These Walls may be on hidden layers, but still affect the intersection.
If so you might want to play with the Layer Intersection Number of those hidden Layers.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks Laszlo. ...any clue why the skin separator line (I'm in core only) is not reaching all the way to the end of the wall? The missing part seems to be the same length as the "finish" skin that is off (gypsum board), ...but there is no logic as to why and were it leaves that gap. Walls are the same, not sure why some corners are complete, others aren't.

Thanks.
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Looks like some hidden element is influencing the intersection there as well.
Could be it Walls hidden by Renovation Filter (if it is not Walls on hidden Layers)?
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
Core only can get 'weird' if building material priority connection is extending your core beyond where the reference line ends and / or where it connects to something without a core.

If you are trying to show load bearing walls core only, I found it helps if I put my structural wall layers on a different layer intersection group from the rest of the model non load bearing layers for a layer combination.

After that you may be left with differences where the connections of your full model extend the core a bit beyond the end of reference line, you might need to re-organise your wall connections.
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
Daniel Kovacs
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
calebg wrote:
...any clue why the skin separator line (I'm in core only) is not reaching all the way to the end of the wall? The missing part seems to be the same length as the "finish" skin that is off (gypsum board), ...but there is no logic as to why and were it leaves that gap. Walls are the same, not sure why some corners are complete, others aren't.
Hello,

I left a reply to this problem in this Topic.

Regards,
Daniel Alexander Kovacs

Professional Services Consultant

GRAPHISOFT

For Troubleshooting and useful Tips & Tricks visit
Learn and get certified!