BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Cut fill transparency question

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'd like to change the cut fill color of the windows in 2D to a transparent fill but it doesn't change in the drawing.
7 REPLIES 7
runxel
Legend
Well in your screenshot you didn't ticked off the override to actual take place.
Lucas Becker | AC 27 on Mac | Author of Runxel's Archicad Wiki | Editor at SelfGDL | Developer of the GDL plugin for Sublime Text |
«Furthermore, I consider that Carth... yearly releases must be destroyed»
DGSketcher
Legend
If you did mean to use the override settings, by ticking the box as suggested by Runxel, you will also need to change the Cut Fill to Background or some other pattern that displays the Cut Fill Background Pen.
Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)
Anonymous
Not applicable
I checked the box of the override attributes and changed the cut fill to "Background" and the Cut fill Background Pen to "Transparent" but the 2D representation of the window doesn't change. It's still white and opaque.
DGSketcher
Legend
Try selecting the Graphic Overrides and turning them off and also check the appearance isn't being affected by the renovation view setting. If they aren't helping then it may be a bug in the library part which may even be exclusive to your localised version of AC. If you share your regional version and the name of the library part then maybe someone can confirm the problem.
Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
Antonia:

That section of the dialog box is for overriding the pens and fills in Section. Look into the window specific settings (probably in the Basic Window section) to control the 2D (plan) settings.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Anonymous
Not applicable
I have set it to "Transparent" there as well but it does not change the window.
Barry Kelly
Can you show an image of what you are trying to make transparent?

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Learn and get certified!