BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Elevation display

Anonymous
Not applicable
My reseller has not been able to help with these...

The garage required 2 walls because there is no second floor but there is a window up there.. I don't know why the separation line remains.. they are the same wall copied up... I wish I could use one wall and tell the window not to show below it's floor's elevation. This is a VERY common condition so I must find a smooth way to deal with it.

The door on the right is the same as the one on the left of the same wall..

The crown and frieze meet the roof return but no intersection lines?

I know for the pros here these are minor.. Thanks for any input.
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable
Rashid wrote:
My reseller has not been able to help with these...
You certainly remember how to "draft" don't you... ArchiCAD saves a "million" hours a year, but sometimes, you have to draw. Try unlinking the drawing....or copying the section to 2D. You then have complete control over your output...
Anonymous
Not applicable
It is quite irony I still do a lot of Datacad 2d Work where I do nothing but Draft. But in AC I resist it. My reseller seems to hate to tell me this is the way AC is and I'll have to patch/draft. I really dislike unlinking.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Regarding the horizontal line in the wall, it could be two things.

1. The two walls are slightly out of alignment, (this may be so slight it is not noticeable until you are at 6000% enlargement in plan)

2. The textures on your walls are not aligned, but really close. You need to go to the 3D window (using internal rendering engine with Vectorial 3D hatching set to on) then select the element(s) in 3D and from the Edit menu choose Align 3D texture>Set Origin then chose a point on the model for the texture to start. This seems to be more noticeable with brick patterns.

Hope that helps.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Well I found this rogue separation line only appears after I do the SEO or Trim to Roof.

I am lost..
Stress Co_
Advisor
Rashid wrote:
The crown and frieze meet the roof return but no intersection lines?
Have you tried S.E.O.ing the crown and frieze (use subtraction..I think) that should get the intersecting line to appear.
Marc Corney, Architect
Red Canoe Architecture, P. A.

Mac OS 10.15.7 (Catalina) //// Mac OS 14.2.1 (Sonoma)
Processor: 3.6 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9 //// Apple M2 Max
Memory: 48 GB 2667 MHz DDR4 //// 32 GB
Graphics: Radeon Pro 580X 8GB //// 12C CPU, 30C GPU
ArchiCAD 25 (5010 USA Full) //// ArchiCAD 27 (4030 USA Full)
Anonymous
Not applicable
Marc,

Thanks.. I will keep that in mind from now on.. Your thoughts on why SEO or Trim to Roof makes the line between upper and lower walls visible?? Here it is with the upper wall at full height.. You have seen it once trimmed.. Minor really but...

Thanks
Elevation.png
Stress Co_
Advisor
Rashid wrote:
Marc,

Thanks.. I will keep that in mind from now on.. Your thoughts on why SEO or Trim to Roof makes the line between upper and lower walls visible?? Here it is with the upper wall at full height.. You have seen it once trimmed.. Minor really but...

Thanks
Rashid:

Oh, man... I don't know. I will say.. I never use trim to roof any more... just because... if I change the elevation of the roof.... the wall "trim" moves with the roof.

Try this and see if it helps...

Change the elevation of the bottom of the upper wall (different than what is is now), then change the top of the lower wall to the same elevatiion. Is the line still there?
Marc
Marc Corney, Architect

Anonymous
Not applicable
Well Marc, I bet you can't explain why that would work but it did. You know Archicad Intimately!
Stress Co_
Advisor
Your absolutely right....I have no idea (But,...I guess: the top of lower wall and the bottom of the upper were not at the same elevation?)

If I knew it intimately I'd be able to answer your third question....

Marc
Marc Corney, Architect

Learn and get certified!