BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

How do you make the top of a wall on a 30 degree angle?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Okay fellas,

Thanks for replying to my last post re: non-vertical walls- one last question on that- can you install louvres/windows in the canted wall??? I have tried but to no avail- they sit outside it.

Now I am after a wall that goes from say 2 metres high at one end to 5 metres high at the other with the top of the wall on a diagonal. How do I do this? Is it possible to do in ArchCAD 8/9??

Thanks fellas.

Andrew
7 REPLIES 7
LiHigh
Newcomer
Just trim the wall with any element which has the desired slope (ex. Roof) using SEO command.
Howard Phua

Win 10, Archicad 19 INT
Anonymous
Not applicable
What is the SEO command? I dont want a roof on top of the wall, it is just a wall by itself. So what do I do?

*UPDATE*

Okay I have found the SEO command. What does it do?
Aussie John
Newcomer
you have a target element ( the wall) and an operator element ( a roof)
you can then subtract the operator from the target- hide or delete the operator and there is your sloping wall
Cheers John
John Hyland : ARINA : www.arina.biz
User ver 4 to 12 - Jumped to v22 - so many options and settings!!!
OSX 10.15.6 [Catalina] : Archicad 22 : 15" MacBook Pro 2019
[/size]
Anonymous
Not applicable
Aussie wrote:
you have a target element ( the wall) and an operator element ( a roof)
you can then subtract the operator from the target- hide or delete the operator and there is your sloping wall
If you delete the operator you lose your operation don't you? The good thing about using SEO (over trimming to a roof, say) is that if you move your operator, the hole / cut moves too. Just keep that operator on a layer which is not visible. If you want you can "trim to roof" then delete the roof, but if you want to change it later you have to create your roof again, undo roof trim from wall, and re-trim to new roof.

Cheers
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks John,

I appreciate your help.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Yeah if I delete the operater (roof) the wall just goes back to normal...I just used trim to roof...it should be alright now.

Cheers,

Andrew
Aussie John
Newcomer
Nuggy wrote:
Yeah if I delete the operater (roof) the wall just goes back to normal...I just used trim to roof...it should be alright now.

Cheers,

Andrew
ooops means to say just hide the wall- got carried away
Cheers John
John Hyland : ARINA : www.arina.biz
User ver 4 to 12 - Jumped to v22 - so many options and settings!!!
OSX 10.15.6 [Catalina] : Archicad 22 : 15" MacBook Pro 2019
[/size]
Learn and get certified!