Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

How to create a louver + window object

fowebe
Contributor
Hello! Newbie here
I'm wondering if I could combine a louver and (casement) window and make it parametric? No idea on how to model objects in ArchiCAD either

Many thanks!!
Phoebe
Barry Kelly
fowebe wrote:
Hello! Newbie here
I'm wondering if I could combine a louver and (casement) window and make it parametric? No idea on how to model objects in ArchiCAD either

Many thanks!!
Not without knowing a bit of GDL scripting.

Your best bet is to 'gang' the windows together - the default GS windows have ganging options.
Ganging allows you to remove the trim between the frames.
Or depending on what you need to achieve you may be able to simply place the windows next to each other.
They will still all be separate windows but you can group them.

Otherwise the next best option would be to create a custom window - but this will not be parametric.
You will need to create one for each different size and configuration.

https://helpcenter.graphisoft.com/guides/archicad-21/archicad-21-reference-guide/elements-of-the-vir...

The most useful option, but the hardest to achieve, will be to script the window in GDL.
It may be a case of just 'CALL'ing the separate windows into the correct positions.
This way you can make them all parametric - but you need to know what you are doing.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Lingwisyer
Guru
Depending on how accurate you need it to be, couldn't you create something similar with a Vertical Multisash Window. Vent sash, top hung, side hung, vent sash.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660 
fowebe
Contributor
Thanks for your help guys!! Appreciate it
I made it as separate window openings and grouped them
Phoebe