BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Invisible elements bug

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have a very weird problem.
There are some elements in the project (walls, columns and doors) that interact with zones and other elements but are absolutely not visible in 2d and 3d. I can list them in schedule but they are refered as "locked" and can't be edited or selected.
The only way I found to delete these objects is by deleting their layer. But that's not an easy task since their layers contain normal elements as well.

Any tips welcome.
AC 21 5021
WIN 7

I have attached the file if anyone wants to play around.
4 REPLIES 4
fuzzytnth3
Booster
I tried resetting the renovation status of all the elements and ticked the box to "show all elements" but ArchiCAD kicked up this error.

https://my.pcloud.com/publink/show?code=XZBNWQ7ZXVABeEeeUe7gcx41NReDJjNJXtfk

I am wondering if at some point you had a Grasshopper connection set up but the elements have not been synchronised and or they have a renovation status that isn't in your file.
(edit)
In the schedule in the file, it lists all elements as having a either a "New" or "Existing" renovation status so I'm not sure that is the problem either
AC versions 3.41 to 25 (UKI Full 5005).
Using AC25 5005 UKI FULL
Mac OSX 10.15.7 (19G2021) Mac Pro-2013 32gbRam AMD FirePro D500 3072 MB graphics
Anonymous
Not applicable
Yep, you can't change the renovation status because those elements are "locked" somehow.
I did use grasshopper in that file but load-bearing elements were not used in any grasshopper defenition.
Barry Kelly
A mystery to me.
If I adjust your 'Test' schedule I can see there are walls, columns and doors.
All of these are locked and invisible for some reason.
When I schedule the min and max heights of the walls I see the min height is zero, which implies to me that something is cutting it (SEO or a trim to roof?) to a zero height making them invisible in 3D.
But they should still be selectable.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
still i have to use 4022.If any file connected to GH in 5010 and uper ,3d window go invisible elements.
Learn and get certified!