BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Library problems

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,
I get massive error messages every time i add, or edit a door, i have found some minor threads concerning similar problems but not quite the same. Im running archicad 11 on a macbook pro, and the following errors are what appear.

Fill not found
at line 105 in the 3D script of file wa_trim_us_10.gsm.
Fill not found
at line 251 in the 3D script of file wa_trim_us_10.gsm.
Fill not found
at line 530 in the 3D script of file wa_trim_us_10.gsm.
Fill not found
at line 932 in the 3D script of file wa_trim_us_10.gsm.
Fill not found
at line 1468 in the 3D script of file wa_trim_us_10.gsm.
Fill not found
at line 1669 in the 3D script of file wa_trim_us_10.gsm.
Fill not found
at line 1717 in the 3D script of file wa_trim_us_10.gsm.
Fill not found
at line 105 in the 3D script of file wa_trim_us_10.gsm.
Fill not found
at line 251 in the 3D script of file wa_trim_us_10.gsm.
Fill not found
at line 530 in the 3D script of file wa_trim_us_10.gsm.
Fill not found
at line 932 in the 3D script of file wa_trim_us_10.gsm.
Fill not found
at line 1468 in the 3D script of file wa_trim_us_10.gsm.
Fill not found
at line 1669 in the 3D script of file wa_trim_us_10.gsm.
Fill not found
at line 1717 in the 3D script of file wa_trim_us_10.gsm.
Fill not found
at line 82 in the 3D script of file da_door_fl_10.gsm.
Fill not found
at line 223 in the 3D script of file da_door_fl_10.gsm.
Fill not found
at line 253 in the 3D script of file da_door_fl_10.gsm.
Fill not found
at line 63 in the 3D script of file da_oplines_10.gsm.
Fill not found
at line 75 in the 3D script of file da_handletyp_all_10.gsm.
Fill not found
at line 75 in the 3D script of file da_handletyp_all_10.gsm.
There are several problems with this file. You can cancel the operation with Ctrl/Command - period.

Im really stuck as to what to do about this i have tried reinstalling archicad and i am using build 1210 i have also updated to the most recent library, the objects(doors) that i am using are standard ones included in the archicad library, not add ons. thank you for any help you can provide!
10 REPLIES 10
Karl Ottenstein
If you have build 1210 and have the full 11 library loaded, then the most likely culprit is that you have modified your attributes, particularly the fills, perhaps deleting some that the library defaults are looking for?

Look at one of your problem doors, for example, Door Settings (cmd-T), Floor Plan and Section panel, CUT SURFACES group.

If the checkbox for "Enable Object's Attributes" is NOT checked, verify that Cut Fill does not show as "missing". If it IS checked, go to the Parameters, Floor Plan Symbol and find the Symbol Fill Type - verify it is not 'missing'. Under 3D REPRESENTATION verify that no fills there report 'missing'.

Just one idea anyway...

Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
I think i found where the problem is, although only through your help!! I would not have thought to look there, but in the parameters tab, under 3D representation rather than floor plan symbol, i found several spots where the fill was missing and i replaced them with simple solid fills, it seems to have solved my problem. Thank you so much for your help, i am eternally greatfull, this was causing me serious grief!!! lol
Karl Ottenstein
Great. Glad to have helped.

The 'missing' is the weird thing though: it typically only happens if either (a) a fill [or material, linetype] was deleted from the project file - via the Fill dialog or Attribute Manager, or (b) the building element was copy/pasted in from another file which used a fill index number that is unassigned in the current file.

While you are now able to move forward (hurray), I would suggest taking a bit of time to figure out how/why this happened so that it won't happen in a future project. 😉

Cheers,
Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
hi!
same problem, but i can't find that object in my drawing...
i've found that file in several folders on the local network where are all the libraries we use in the firm, so i suppose that i shouldn't change those files (to reload them) if they are shared...
what to do???
thnx in advance!
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
Vanja:

The file mentioned is a macro (a sub file called by the door part(s)). Reread jack robertson's last post, you need to go through the parameters of your door parts to find where the fill(s) are Missing (this is the source of the error).

You should add a Signature to your Profile (click the Profile button near the top of this page) with your ArchiCAD version and operating system (see mine for an example) for more accurate help in this forum.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Anonymous
Not applicable
The problem is that there is 821 windows and 779 doors in that drawing i've inherited from my colege, i found a problem while i was trying to make some elevations, then the warning pops up. As i do not work on plans, i did not locate problematic object (which contains the problematic macro), but i will try after dead line...
Sorry for my non precise question last time, i was wondering is it possible to locate the object with named macro using Find & select, or any other automatic tool?
ztaskai
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
The problem isn't in the macro. As Karl told about the original problem: some of your placed elements are referencing unavailable attributes. Unfortunately, there is no way to track down these object instances -- in AC13. Some teasing: there will be a development for AC14 in the F&S: you'll be able to search for object using missing attributes.

Cheers,
Zsolt Táskai
ArchiCAD Development - GDL Team
AC13, AC14 and upwards...
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks, for the replies!
Forced with the deadline i bypassed that problem with a method which would be considered a sacrilege if it's only mentioned, so there is only the hope that it will not happen again in the future with other files...

ArchiCad is a great software! If I just could use it as it is supposed to be used, it could be the best!
Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm using v13 and every time I open the library settings dialog I get the following errors:

EDM Error - code:11057 - <database not opened>
and
EDM Error - code:0 - <fatal internal error>

This error started with a curtain wall element in a project that I was simply ignoring the error because I completed my rendering and forgot about it. Now, in a complete separate project the error is showing up ANY time I open the library dialog, not tied to any particular part.

Thanks,

TIM

...over the weekend I got another EDM Error - code:11041 and all of these errors popped up on ANY settings dialog, not just for library parts. I ended up "repairing" using the original disk and then applying the hotfix again. Any Ideas about what caused this?
Learn and get certified!