BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Line Weight GDL

JGoode
Advocate
Hello,

I am not very confident that this is possible but it's always worth asking.
Is it possible to tell if your true line weight is turned on or off from within the GDL script? Any sort of request or global parameter?

Thanks
ArchiCAD 23

Windows 10
4 REPLIES 4
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
If it were, I think things would slow to a crawl. 3D projected floor plan display is already quite slow sometimes, constantly checking for that toggle would probably be horrible in terms of speed.

Anyway, check the globals, they're listed at the very end of the GDL Reference Guide (found in archicad help menu, but I'm sure you are familiar with that), if something exists, it would be there. You generally can't run those statements in parameter or master script though.
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
Barry Kelly
JGoode wrote:
Is it possible to tell if your true line weight is turned on or off from within the GDL script? Any sort of request or global parameter?
I don't think so (I haven't seen anything).
True line weight is actually only an on screen option.
The correct line weight is used in GDL all the time.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
JaseBee
Advocate
I once made a pen table object to help with organising pen sets, I needed this kind of data and the only way I found I could get it was to print the information out from the attribute manager as a text file and then read it back in from the GDL script.

Bit annoying and not 'live' but was the best solution I could find.
AC 24 5004 AUS
iMac OSX (10.13.6) 4.2ghz i7
8gb ram/8gb vram
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
If you want something that ignores pen weight: a trick we use is to just draw the symbol with fills without outlines. So just draw the line thickness (if needed) with a fill. Handy for safety symbols and the like.

Not sure what the toggle would be for, but maybe this helps.
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
Learn and get certified!