BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.
SOLVED!

Modelling a window: symbolic view

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi there! I am modelling an old building where windows are aligned to the outer side of the external walls, and there are internal shutters to every window too. I have modelled both of these items separately and overlaid them, which has worked fine. However, I need to show the windows as symbols in order to display the window-swing-opening (dashed lines), but whenever the windows are displayed as symbols, these strange lines appear at the edge of the window. What are these lines and how do I get rid of them? Any tips or tricks? Or alternative modelling suggestions for getting rid of them? Have attached a screen grab for reference. Many thanks in advance!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable
Try the ganging options in the window settings.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable
Are these regular or custom windows?
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Braza, these are regular windows from the archicad 23 library
Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable
Try the ganging options in the window settings.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Braza, thanks for your reply - but I can't find that settings dialog you show in your response anywhere... it looks like just the thing I need!
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi again Braza, I found the relevant tick-box! Thanks so much for your help was losing my mind haha
Anonymous
Not applicable
Sorry Watsons. Didn't notice you are on AC23 POR.
I am glad it still helped you. And welcome aboard
Cheers,
Learn and get certified!