BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Morph Tool

jaydenprosser7
Contributor

Hi All,

I am trying to model this morph up. Well do I start. Screenshot 1 shows where I got to but I cant seem to from curved faces and the edges aren't allowing me to curve.Im wondering if something like this could be doen in 1 single morph ? I am not a full bottle on Morphs at all.

Screenshot_2.jpgScreenshot_1.jpg
2 REPLIES 2
Lingwisyer
Guru

If you toggle the Selection Tool to the hollow arrow, you will be able to select your Morph edges and fillet them to the desired radius. The issue is that your desired shape looks like it is based on splines not arcs, so depending on how close you need to be to your target shape you might have a better time modelling it with Grasshopper in Rhino and importing the result, if you have access that is...

Ling.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win11 | i9 10850K | 64GB | RX6600 Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660
Jeff Galbraith
Advocate

Yeah, Archicad is not the right modeling software for this kind of geometry.  it just doesn't have the toolset to give you the precision and control you need achieve that kind of result.  Agree with Lingwisyer...this is much more appropriate for a NURBS based modeling package like Rhino, or even a really good subdivision surface modeler like MODO that has the ability to export to a format that can be imported into Archicad.

Jeff G

Archicad 27 USA (full), Macbook Pro (16-inch 2023, M3 MAX, 128 GB RAM)
Learn and get certified!