BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Multiple choices

Hello,

The confinement will have been right for my laziness to play with the GDL
As often read here : trying is getting hooked ! I confirm.

My level is actually very modest and my question also follows.

I want to define "multiple choice" parameters for all the types of variables illustrated below via the interface overview:

For example constrain to 4 predefined angles, 6 materials, 12 text variables etc ...
I looked at the matrix side via the forums and the GDL guide, what I could read seems elusive.

How do you do it?
Christophe - FRANCE
Archicad Designer and Teacher
Archicad 15 to 27 FRA FULL

OS 11.6 Big Sur - MacBook Pro 2017 - 16Go RAM
"Quality is never an accident ; it's always the result of an intelligent effort" John Ruskin
7 REPLIES 7
Lingwisyer
Guru
Just turn them all into IF - THEN statements linked to a VALUES list? Doubles those variables as now you have a text version, but it works. I am lost when it comes to matrices in GDL too...

Ling.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win11 | i9 10850K | 64GB | RX6600 Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660
vistasp
Advisor
If you want to limit any parameters to certain predefined values, you need to do that in the parameter script.
= v i s t a s p =
bT Square Peg
https://archicadstuff.blogspot.com
https://www.btsquarepeg.com
| AC 9-27 INT | Win11 | Ryzen 5700 | 32 GB | RTX 3050 |
Thanks vistasp and Lingwisyer,

I've read and already know I have to use "values" but the question is how and where ?
I'm a little beginner and I've already tried to use matrix and values without success.
When I read again your link vistasp I do not understand where to put "values" command and what does this script means :
VALUES "parameter_name" [,]value_definition1 [, value_definition2, ...] 
I've created only one "varx" into parameters and put this script into 3D script
VALUES "varx" 1, 2, 3
BLOCK varx, B, ZZYZX
You can see I'm trying do use values command to create multiple choice... Whithout success
Christophe - FRANCE

"Quality is never an accident ; it's always the result of an intelligent effort" John Ruskin
I've found. I have to put this script into "main" and not into "3D script" :
VALUES "varx" 1, 2, 3
Thanks about your participation
Christophe - FRANCE

vistasp
Advisor
I don't know what it's called in the French version, but in the INT version, it's called "Parameter Script". That's where you would place all the value constraints.
= v i s t a s p =
bT Square Peg
https://archicadstuff.blogspot.com
https://www.btsquarepeg.com
| AC 9-27 INT | Win11 | Ryzen 5700 | 32 GB | RTX 3050 |
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Christophe, the Master Script is executed when any other script is executed. So, for example, when the 3D is generated, the Master Script is executed, then the 3D Script is executed. This is the reason why putting those Values commands worked for you by putting them into the Master Script, because the Master Script also runs first when the Parameter Script is executed.

But the proper place for Values commands is actually the Parameter Script, just as vistasp said.
Normally, you should put those things into the Master Script which you want to execute for multiple other scripts. If certain commands (such as the VALUES command) are relevant to only one Script, then it is better to place them into that Script and not into the Master Script.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Thanks a lot LaszloNagy about these precious informations.
One french little forum gave me the same result.
It's not quite easy to begin with GDL but I'm already sure it is just the beginning for me.

Have a great day,

Christophe Fortineau
Christophe - FRANCE

Learn and get certified!