BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

QR-code

Anonymous
Not applicable
I was wondering if there was any QR-code library object available anywhere in Archicad? Or any way of creating QR-codes directly in Archicad.

Or how do you guys use them? Do you just create a QR-code on some online generator and paste it as an image/placed drawing?
5 REPLIES 5
Hello mbl,

I do not understand what you want to do with a QR code into Archicad but I invite you to create it by this kind of link : https://www.unitag.io/fr/qrcode

Them you are able to input your qrcode like a surface into your Archicad model.

Can you explain what's exactly your aim ?
Christophe - FRANCE
Archicad Designer and Teacher
Archicad 15 to 27 FRA FULL

OS 11.6 Big Sur - MacBook Pro 2017 - 16Go RAM
"Quality is never an accident ; it's always the result of an intelligent effort" John Ruskin
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Christophe,

Thank you, I know it's possible to use some sort of QR-code generator from the internet, but I was wondering if there was any possibility to generate them directly in Archicad. And a library object would sound most logical to me.

I know QR-codes are quite complex, but I was hoping some gdl-guru or someone in Graphisoft had too much time on his/hers hands and already made one...

Having it generated directly in Archicad would eliminate an extra step with an external image file and would be much easier to edit if needed.

I was thinking of starting using QR-codes on our printed drawings for URL-links, but I am trying to figure out an easy and "dumb proof" workflow.
mbl wrote:
I was thinking of starting using QR-codes on our printed drawings for URL-links
To link paper to pdf file into a cloud storage, I guess... A great idea but I do not think it a GS project !

Christophe - FRANCE
Archicad Designer and Teacher
Archicad 15 to 27 FRA FULL

OS 11.6 Big Sur - MacBook Pro 2017 - 16Go RAM
"Quality is never an accident ; it's always the result of an intelligent effort" John Ruskin
Barry Kelly
mbl wrote:
Thank you, I know it's possible to use some sort of QR-code generator from the internet, but I was wondering if there was any possibility to generate them directly in Archicad. And a library object would sound most logical to me.

Not via GDL that I know of, but it might be possible to do with an add-on that can link to an external generator.
I don't know for sure as I have never gotten into the add-on (developer) side of things.

I use QR-codes for our various company websites and have them saved a JPG images in our loaded library.
I can then "CALL" these images into our drawing title block object based on the company we are drawing for.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Miha_M
Advisor

swissTools (ArchiCAD) | QR-Code-Generator - YouTube

| Archicad 4.55 - 27
| HP Z840 | 2× E5-2643 v4 | 64 GB RAM | Quadro M5000 | Windows 10 Pro x64
| HP Z4 G4 | W-2245 | 64 GB RAM | RTX A4000 | Windows 11

Learn and get certified!