Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.
SOLVED!

Single Roofs

Paa
Booster

When I add a slope to this roof it gives me this a point offset from the actual member in 3D...

Screen Shot 2022-09-02 at 4.30.45 PM.png

 Than, in 2D it gives me a couple of lines that offset from what it looks like might be my top layer of my roof. It makes it such work to get these points lined up to my framing. Maybe I should have set the roof first and done the framing afterward, or maybe itʻs not necessary. Can anyone help me understand how to navigate this; why does it appear this way after I add a slope to this composite roof...

Thank you in advance.

Screen Shot 2022-09-02 at 4.32.13 PM.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
DGSketcher
Legend

@Paa Have a read of the help section for ROOFS, and the section on creating a ROOF ON FLOOR PLAN

Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Is it due to the edge profile you have chosen? If you change it to vertical as opposed to perpendicular do the lines in 2D and point in 3D show correctly?

Lee Hankins
ArchiCAD 4.5 - Archicad 27UKI Apple Silicon 27.1.1
macOS Sonoma (14.2)
Solution
DGSketcher
Legend

@Paa Have a read of the help section for ROOFS, and the section on creating a ROOF ON FLOOR PLAN

Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)