BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.
SOLVED!

Window objects not visible in floor plan

SS
Participant

Working with windows located in the upper portion of a wall, a few feet above the cutting plane.  Floor plan display settings are set to symbolic.  Renovation filters appear to be correct.  However, the windows are not visible.  What am I missing.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Lingwisyer
Guru

The parent wall is set to Symbolic Cut?

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win11 | i9 10850K | 64GB | RX6600 Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Could it be the Model View Option settings?

Lee Hankins
ArchiCAD 4.5 - Archicad 27UKI Apple Silicon 27.2.0
macOS Sonoma (14.4.1)

I suppose it could be, but those settings haven't changed recently.  What's puzzling is that these windows were working properly a few weeks ago.  And now, they are not visible in the plan view.  And there is a third window in the same area mounted at the same height, and it is still visible in the floor plan view.  Why 2 of 3 windows have disappeared is my dilemma.

I suspect it could be to do with Model View Option settings. You can override them in the windows themselves or set the windows to display as per the Model View Option settings. You can also turn off the 2D symbol completely in each window individually. Check the view settings of the windows that aren’t appearing against the one that is. You could try and match properties making sure the element transfer settings are set to transfer all settings and see if that fixes the issue. 

Lee Hankins
ArchiCAD 4.5 - Archicad 27UKI Apple Silicon 27.2.0
macOS Sonoma (14.4.1)
Solution
Lingwisyer
Guru

The parent wall is set to Symbolic Cut?

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win11 | i9 10850K | 64GB | RX6600 Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660

That was it.  The setting for the one wall containing these windows had been changed to "cut only."  Thank you so much.

Learn and get certified!