Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Zone label

terzer
Contributor
Hello, I'm trying to create a label, which takes the zone name from plan view with autotext (with #Relatedzonename), and place it in section. I tried to edit the Skin label list and replace the element id with this autotext, but it doesn't work.
I'm new to the GDL scripting and I don't know even if it is possible. But with autotext I'm able to label the room in the section with the corresponding zone name.

Much appreciated!
4 REPLIES 4
Lingwisyer
Guru
Are you trying to make a Zone Stamp or a Label?

I do not think #Relatedzonename would work with a Zone Stamp as it is internal to itself rather than connected to a zone. I have not tried though, so my reasoning maybe off.

Labels already work with #Relatedzonename so I am a bit lost there, unless it is not a Label per se that you are wanting to create but a 3D object that you can place in plan that will display the name of the zone it is in when views in plan.

Ling.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660 
terzer
Contributor
I'm trying to create label, which lists the zone in section. In plan i already have a zone stamp. In my country we have to name the rooms in section.
Barry Kelly
terzer wrote:
I'm trying to create label, which lists the zone in section. In plan i already have a zone stamp. In my country we have to name the rooms in section.
This has been asked for many times now.
Here is one example post with links to wishes and a workaround.

https://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=63283&p=289870&hilit=zone+section#p289870

Basically you can't label a zone and the zone stamp can't show in section.
The work around is to label an object that belongs to the zone that also shows in the section.
A standard autotext label will do the job - no need to script anything.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
terzer
Contributor
Thank you!