Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

calculate roof area

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am struggling with the A10 upgrade.

Previous versions would allow you to select elements...ie roofs or walls and get a quick calculation of the total sf area from the basic calculation pull-down menu.

Please help me understand how to simply do this in A10.

I have tried the Window/palletes/Element Info path and selected the "area on plan" button. It calculates each roof plane without showing an overall sf of all roofs selected. I guess you need to manually add each roof plane to get a total. This seems way to complicated.

Is this what it has come to?
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable
AC10? i am not sure but try this.. at least its working in AC11 , select the element(s) , right click on schedule list in navigator " list floor plan selection only".. not sure in AC10
Gerald Hoffman
Enthusiast
Rich, Just select all of the Roofs you want a calculation of and then select the Elements List / Basic shown in the attachment. It will give you the total.
Elements info.jpg
Gerald Hoffman
“The simplification of anything is always sensational” GKC
Archicad 4.55 - 27-5030 USA
2019 MacBook Pro (64GB w/ AMD Radeon Pro 5600M GPU)
Anonymous
Not applicable
That's it!!!! Thanks Gerald for taking the time to set me back on the road. Really appreciate.
Aloha, Rich
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
The Basic Element List will give you the area of the roof surface, not the 'Area on Plan', like the Element Information will. There's a difference, so be careful.

I am not sure if there are any 'Area on Plan' parameters available in List Schemes. So to answer your original question, no, not AFAIK.

Cheers,
Link.