BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

morph to wall

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello
I drew some walls with the morph tool. Is it possible to add doors and windows with the door tools and the window tool?
How is it done?
Is it possible to convert the morph to a wall?
Thank you
Ana
3 REPLIES 3
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
Ana:

The answer to all your questions is no, only Walls can host Doors and Windows and there is no conversion from Morph to Wall.

You should add a Signature to your Profile (click the Profile button near the top of this page) with your ArchiCAD version and operating system (see mine for an example) for more accurate help in this forum.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for your answer
I have a floor plan in 2d and I have to generate the 3d model. I used the "magic wand" tool with the "wall" tool with the polygonal geometry method to automatically draw the walls. There are walls of different thickness. It really worked very well but now I have to insert doors and windows. I can not draw them because there were empty places without a wall in the place where I have to place doors and windows.
What do you suggest to place the doors and windows quickly?
Is there a tool to place the door and window quickly for these cases?

To make it easier instead of doors I will place an "empty opening". But the window I have to place.

I thought of some code to place them but I did not advance too much.

Some help?
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
Ana:

I don't know of any way to automate this process. You can draw straight Walls between the polygonal Walls, then insert Doors and Windows into those Walls; the straight Walls will clean up with the polygonal Walls in plan and 3D. If you set up the correct default settings for the Wall, Door and Window Tools you will only need to switch between tools for this task. One issue with polygonal Walls is lack of control over the Surface applied to each face; this is not a problem if all the faces have the same Surface.

Thanks for adding your Signature.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Learn and get certified!