Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

window parameters - transparent background?

rob2218
Enthusiast
can someone please explain WHY the window parameters is NOT making the window be "transparent"...???
it's an overhead round window. its blocking my windows showing up in plan. I NEED to see the windows in the wall 'below' this window that is positions higher to read "behind" in visibility display.
How to adjust?

window-screen-snapshot.png
...Bobby Hollywood live from...
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23
Windows7 -OS, MAC Maverick OS
4 REPLIES 4
rob2218
Enthusiast
seriously guys....I think I'm getting too old for this kinda stuff.
I'm trying to adjust the parameters so that the window (round window) that is higher up in elevation the SAME wall display as "transparent" so's the lower (regular height) windows display thru.......

we got this "office standard graphics" thing that drives the employer "mental" (to quote his own words) and I agree....this "stuff" should be easier to display properly.

help....😞
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23
rob2218
Enthusiast
here's what the simple window/wall/and lower windows look like. it's a simple setup.....top round window IN PLAN needs to read "transparent" so the bottom windows (which are place in plan correctly) can read thru.
window-3d-screen-snapshot.png
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
Rob:

Try looking at Parameters > 2D Representation > Use Fills not checked. (I checked in AC18, should be similar in AC17).

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
rob2218
Enthusiast
David,
"U DA MAN!" sir......that was it.
I guess this feature is one of those "things" that always eludes me. There are SOOOOOoooo many radio buttons on these objects that sometimes I get confused what is affecting 2D vs 3D vs model vs fills vs cut lines vs.....as you can see.....it's convoluted.

thank you so much!
Window-transparent.png
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23