Archicad C++ API
About Archicad add-on development using the C++ API.

Adding data to an element type

TomWaltz
Participant
Is it possible to add further information to a simple element type, like walls or slabs?

I am looking to add something like fire rating, UL number, sound transmission ratings, etc. to floors and walls.

I know in GDL it's simple, but I am digging around trying to find out if (A) I can add a panel to the Wall Settings menu and (B) assign the information to the walls in a project.

I know could probably be done similar to Wall Accessories, assigning a non-visible object to the wall, but that seems like a rather round-a-bout way to accomplish the goal.

Any thoughts?
Tom Waltz
10 REPLIES 10
Oleg
Expert
TomWaltz wrote:
I know in GDL it's simple, but I am digging around trying to find out if (A) I can add a panel to the Wall Settings menu and (B) assign the information to the walls in a project.
Any thoughts?
A) You can add a custom panel to the wall settings dialog, but I didn use it. There is API example.
B) You can assign and read any user data to the wall element by
ACAPI_Element_SetUserData and ACAPI_Element_GetUserData functions
TomWaltz
Participant
Oleg

thanks for the tip, I had just found that Panel Test myself.

For some reason, I am getting errors when I compile that one.... maybe Akos can shed some light?
Tom Waltz
Aussie John
Newcomer
out of curiosity what software are you using to create these odd-ons
Cheers John
John Hyland : ARINA : www.arina.biz
User ver 4 to 12 - Jumped to v22 - so many options and settings!!!
OSX 10.15.6 [Catalina] : Archicad 22 : 15" MacBook Pro 2019
[/size]
TomWaltz
Participant
Codewarrior.
Tom Waltz
Aussie John
Newcomer
TomWaltz wrote:
Codewarrior.
sorry for the basic Qs but how does that interface/work with Archicad
Cheers John
John Hyland : ARINA : www.arina.biz
User ver 4 to 12 - Jumped to v22 - so many options and settings!!!
OSX 10.15.6 [Catalina] : Archicad 22 : 15" MacBook Pro 2019
[/size]
Oleg
Expert
TomWaltz wrote:
For some reason, I am getting errors when I compile that one
You need to create RO folder. I dont remember exactly, but it seems inside MAKE.MAC folder. The RO forder is the destination for the GS GRC compiler where it will put a compiled resources and icons.
TomWaltz
Participant
Aussie John

you have to download the developer API from graphisoft.com. It has the "Application Program Interface" which allow you to write your own add-ons in C/C++.

-Tom
Tom Waltz
Karl Ottenstein
TomWaltz wrote:
Oleg

thanks for the tip, I had just found that Panel Test myself.

For some reason, I am getting errors when I compile that one.... maybe Akos can shed some light?
Yes, thanks, Oleg. Somehow, I hadn't explored that sample yet.

Another question for Akos ... it compiles fine on XP, but the panel for the Materials Attributes dialog does not appear. Panels in the Infobox and Wall Settings dialog show up fine. If I change the code to use the Linetype dialog, it shows up just fine. I wonder if the Materials problem is a functionality issue from 6.0 to 6.1 and the LW panels? Or perhaps me being blind and just not seeing it?

Thanks,
Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Akos Somorjai
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
Karl wrote:
TomWaltz wrote:
Another question for Akos ... it compiles fine on XP, but the panel for the Materials Attributes dialog does not appear. Panels in the Infobox and Wall Settings dialog show up fine. If I change the code to use the Linetype dialog, it shows up just fine. I wonder if the Materials problem is a functionality issue from 6.0 to 6.1 and the LW panels? Or perhaps me being blind and just not seeing it?

Thanks,
Karl
Hi all,

The missing RO folder is an SCM issue; I forgot to add that to some of the Make.mac folders, and the GRC compiler is not clever enough to create the new folder. If I have the time I'll fix that in the updated devkit 😉

The panel is not showing up because of a bug in the new Material Settings dialog; I'll enter it to the errors database.

Akos