BIMcloud API
About automating BIMcloud processes using its API.
SOLVED!

BIMcloud API Userlist

Iyur
Booster

Hi.

Recently I was playing around with bimcloud-api. Everything is fine, but I can't get the user list from the server. It's a bit strange, as the get_resource method works fine with folders, projects, even the server modules (by id or by the path), but can't see anything to work with the user list. I was trying to reach the user data by his id, but got an error like "EntityNotFoundError: No item found by "26f0c30c-49bf-472e-a3c7-f7894220bc3b".

Has anyone encountered such issue?  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution

@Noemi Balogh
Many thanks to developers for the recent update! Now we could retrieve the user info:

6bcadfc4-31ad-4c94-a8b4-c27f3e1ff4f0.jpg

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Iyur
Booster

And this is twice as strange, as I can get the users data from the each project by joinedUsers list.

Noemi Balogh
Community Admin
Community Admin

Hi @Iyur,

The BIMcloud API can support file related operations, as per mentioned in the documentation. What you wish to do, to get user data, is not supported via the public API.

Kind regards,
Noémi

Noémi Balogh

Community Expert, Admin

Hi @Noemi Balogh,
Yeah, I was assuming this.

But I can retrieve the user list for each project separately (i.e. joined users and track their online status, some other info), and in the authorization code there is utilization of user id, password and login. Therefore it seems that system has a logic, scheme and perhaps some basic internal queries for user entities. So, could we expect that it will be added (or enabled) to the API functionality soon, as it looks like it needs only to add some function to return the userlist regardless related projects and I assume it wouldn't take too much time. This would be a great feature.

Solution

@Noemi Balogh
Many thanks to developers for the recent update! Now we could retrieve the user info:

6bcadfc4-31ad-4c94-a8b4-c27f3e1ff4f0.jpg