Archicad C++ API
About Archicad add-on development using the C++ API.

Developing with the Educational License

Anonymous
Not applicable
Is this possible?

I have the required ID's, i just cant seem to create a new ADDON. The box is gray'd out

Help would be greatly appreciated
6 REPLIES 6
TomWaltz
Participant
What program are you trying to create the add-on with? What box is grayed out?
Tom Waltz
Anonymous
Not applicable
Archicad and its the create Addon Box, in the addon manager
TomWaltz
Participant
To create new add-ons, you need Microsoft Visual C++ 2003 or Apple XCode. There's no way to make new add-ons from within Archicad.
Tom Waltz
Anonymous
Not applicable
Once you have your own ID, you can run the AddOnAdmin tool to generate an add-on ID and also get the decimal equivalent of your four-character Developer ID. For Windows users, the AddOnAdmin tool is by default in

Program Files\Graphisoft\API Development Kit 5\Support\Tools\Win\AddOn Management

Click Create a New Addon to generate a new ID. Select the first line of the database tree (shows your Dev ID), click Save Database As, and choose *.h as the file type. Personally I don't use the names in that file, but grab the numbers.
I cannot click the create a new Addon button to generate a new ID. Therefore as i see it i will not be able to get AC to acknowledge my Addon written in C++.
Karl Ottenstein
You're talking about the devkit AddOnAdmin tool, which then calls itself Add-On Management.

To enable the 'new addon' button, you must have an open database that contains your authorized developer id. If you have already created such a database, just click Open Database to open it, then click the 'new addon' button. Otherwise, click 'new database' and fill in your Developer ID as a four character code.

Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you Karl, I am stupid